Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on February 1, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Randy Daeger, Ryan Mapes, Dan Workman, Tim Boss, and Barb Rife. Administrator Harry Wiebe was also present, as was Solicitor Mike Jones via Skype.
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the minutes of the January 19th Council meeting, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.
Missy Leslie was present at the meeting with concerns about her sewer backing up in her drains. She can’t wash laundry without it backing up and gurgling. She said a Utility worker has been out and checked the manhole, but that showed no problem per the worker. She has had a plumber out three different times trying to figure out the problem. She wants to know the location of the clean-out and wants to know the specs of her property. Harry Wiebe said that the Village does not have any specs for the properties in Emerald Acres. Dan Workman said it was up the homeowners years ago how they tapped into the Village sewer lines. They either by-passed sewer tank or hooked up after sewer tank. Harry will talk to the Utility Department to found out more information
Quincy Porter from Boy Scout Troop #315 was present at the meeting to earn a merit badge.
Randy Daeger reported on the Committee of the Whole meeting from January 26, 2016. The following items were discussed:
· Joe Hotz from Jones & Henry informed the group that Phase 1 of the Combined Sewer Separation Project was complete and that Phase 2 was expected to be completed on time this summer. Phase 3 would not have to be completed until 12/31/18. That would give time to decide if Phase 3 would be needed and also to check on financing.
· Joe gave recommendations on the Back Lot Sewer. This sewer runs from Opossum Run crossing North Drive between North Williams Street and Cherry Street. Three options were presented. The option of a combination open cut and replacement and trenchless installation under North Drive was chosen. This option was chosen so there would be less inconvenience to the residents. Design work and specifications will be drawn up to send the project out for bid.
· Harry Wiebe also informed the group that the NPDES application for the Lagoons was hand delivered to Bowling Green on Friday, January 29, 2016.
Randy Daeger reported on the Safety Committee from January 27, 2016. The following items were discussed:
· The Solid Waste Agreement with Werlor Inc. was discussed. It was recommended by the Safety Committee to extend the agreement for one more year. According to the original agreement, the Village has the right to renew for a year without a price increase with the exception of rising fuel costs.
· Sue Crossland, EMS Coordinator gave an update on the EMS proposal of employing Full-Time EMT’s to cover each shift.
Dan Workman motioned to approve the minutes from the Safety Committee, seconded
by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Ordinance No. 1515-16 re: An Ordinance Approving, Adopting and Enacting American Legal Publishing’s Ohio Basic Code, 2016 Edition, as the Code of Ordinances for the Municipality of Paulding, Ohio, and Declaring An Emergency was read for the first time. Tim Boss motioned to suspend rules and declare an emergency, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea. Randy Daeger motioned to approve the legislation, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Ordinance No. 1516-16 re: An Ordinance Authorizing the Mayor of the Village of Paulding to Execute any and all Documents required by the State of Ohio, Department of Transportation for Paving of Streets within the Village of Paulding, to Execute as required and Declaring An Emergency (County/Route/Section:PAU-PUT US 127-SR 15-SR 111-SR 634, PID No. 87204) was read for the first time. Randy Daeger motioned to suspend rules and declare an emergency, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea. Barb Rife motioned to approve the legislation, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Administrator Harry Wiebe reported that the Ohio EPA has accepted our written plan to remedy the pH effluent limitations. The Village plan indicates that the corrective actions will be completed by July 1, 2016, with continued monitoring of the mixers and monitoring systems until January 1, 2017.
Harry Wiebe also shared information about the Roadwork Development (629) Grant of $310,000 that is available until March 31, 2016. This grant can be used toward the left turn lanes proposed for on Williams Street at the intersection of Gasser Road and N Williams Street. Harry will be meeting with ODOT, Jerry Zielke (Paulding Economic Development), Craig Knapke (Access Engineering), and Maumee Valley Planning to see if there is any other funding available to help with the $600,000 project.
Mayor Reinhart announced that Sue Crossland would be stepping down from the EMS Coordinator position. Dave Foltz was appointed as new EMS Coordinator. Randy Daeger motioned to approve Dave Foltz as new EMS Coordinator, seconded by Tim Boss. Vote: Randy Daeger, yea; Ryan Mapes, yea; Dan Workman, abstain; Tim Boss, yea; Barb Rife, yea.
Mayor Reinhart read Councilman Jim Guelde’s letter of resignation from Council effective January 21, 2016.
Mayor Reinhart relayed Mayor’s Court collected $45,283.15 for the year 2015 and $895.00 for the month of January 2016. Parking tickets for the month of January were $25.00.
Mayor Reinhart presented the Paulding EMS Code of Ethics. Randy Daeger motioned to approve the Paulding EMS Code of Ethics, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: Randy Daeger, yea; Ryan Mapes, yea; Dan Workman, abstain, Tim Boss, yea; Barb Rife, yea.
Council President Randy Daeger announced that anyone who is interested in the open Council seat should submit their name and a brief resume to the Village Office and then be available for an interview at the Committee of the Whole meeting on Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
Mayor Greg Reinhart asked that Council go into Executive session to discuss personnel matters.
Randy Daeger motioned for Council to move into Executive Session for personnel matters, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.
Randy Daeger motioned for Council to move into Regular Session, seconded by Tim Boss. Vote: all yea.
The following meetings were scheduled:
· Safety Committee—Thursday, February 4, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
· Buildings & Grounds Committee—Monday, February 8, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
· Recreation Committee—Monday, February 8, 2016 immediately following Bldgs & Grounds Meeting
· Committee of the Whole—Thursday, February 11, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
· Utility Committee—Wednesday, March 5, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
Randy Daeger motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Randy Daeger motioned to adjourn, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea.