Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on March 21, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Robert L. Boyd, Ryan Mapes, Danny Workman, Tim Boss, and Barb Rife. Administrator Harry Wiebe was also present, as was Solicitor Mike Jones via Skype. Councilman Randy Daeger was absent.
Danny Workman motioned to approve the minutes of the March 7th Council meeting, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Jason Martintoni was a guest at the Council Meeting. He is a sales representative from Utility Sales Agency. They sell water meters and water meter systems. Joe Goff gave a presentation on their meters and their meter system.
Barb Rife reported on the Utility Committee meeting held on March 16, 2016. Items that were discussed is as follows:
· High Service Pump failure. An electrical board malfunction caused the pump to restrict the flow of water to the water tower. Preliminary cost of repairing/replacing butterfly valves is $7,674.66.
· 6” Water line crack on Dix Street
· Aerators at the sewer lagoons. Gary is working with the constant break down of the aerators.
· “Backlot Sewer Replacement Project”. Harry would like this project to be approved by Council. This project entails the replacement of a 10” sanitary sewer line on the back lot line of properties between Cherry Street and North Williams from Opossum Run to North Drive. Preliminary construction cost is $120,000.
Danny Workman motioned to approve the Utility Committee Report, seconded by
Barb Rife. Vote: Danny Workman, yea; Tim Boss, yea; Barb Rife, yea; Ryan Mapes, abstain, Robert L Boyd, yea.
Tim Boss reported on the Recreation Board/Recreation Committee meeting held on March 10, 2016. Items that were discussed is as follows:
· Playgrounds at Reservoir Park need to have a weed barrier installed and mulched.
· As of March 10, 2016 there are only a few applicants for the Pool summer help. Applications will be distributed to Paulding, Wayne Trace, and Antwerp schools.
· Camera & security light at Skate Park. Quote was obtained last year from Schweller Electric for $3,275.00
Robert L. Boyd motioned to approve the Recreation Board/Recreation Committee
Report, seconded by Danny Workman. Vote: all yea.
Tim Boss reported on the Committee of the Whole meeting held on March 14, 2016. Items that were discussed is as follows:
· US 127 and Gasser Road Intersection Improvements Funding Options. The Committee is not making a recommendation at this time pending approval of grant applications.
· Water Meter Replacement Project. The Committee of the Whole is recommending utilizing the drive-by meter reading system and the direct purchase from Master Meter, or a pre-approved equivalent, of the necessary water meters. It is also the recommendation of the Committee of the Whole to authorize a Material Bid and a Meter Pit Installation Bid.
Barb Rife motioned to approve the Committee of the Whole Report, seconded by
Danny Workman. Vote: all yea.
Resolution No. 1312-16 re: A Resolution Authorizing the
Village Administrator of the Village of Paulding, Ohio to prepare and submit an
application(s) to Paulding
County for the CDGB Community Development Program and to execute contracts as required; and Declaring An Emergency was read for the first time. Robert L. Boyd motioned to suspend rules and declare an emergency, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea. Danny Workman motioned to approve the legislation, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned to adjourn, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.