Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on April 4, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Randy Daeger, Robert L. Boyd, Ryan Mapes, Danny Workman, Tim Boss, and Barb Rife. Administrator Harry Wiebe was also present. Solicitor Mike Jones was absent.
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the minutes of the March 21st Council meeting, seconded by Tim Boss. Vote: all yea.
Mark Holtsberry, Paulding County Commissioner was a guest at the Council Meeting.
Ryan Mapes reported on the Street Committee meeting held on March 23, 2016. Items that were discussed are as follows:
· John Paulding Days—traffic will have to be redirected during the normal parade route due to construction in town. The alternate route would utilize Water and Jackson Street, Emerald Road, and Dooley Drive for access around town back to U.S. 127. This would also require additional manpower that Police Chief Randy Crawford felt the department could handle.
· The County Commissioners have asked the Paulding Police Department to enforce the parking lot at the south west corner of Perry and Main Street. This parking lot is for approved parking granted by the commissioner’s office otherwise tickets can be issued.
· 2 Hour Parking—reviewing the current ordinances and updating into one. It was recommended by the committee this should be reviewed by the village solicitor to determine if legislation could be formed into one ordinance, along with any changes that maybe recommended.
· Status of road repairs from Phase 2 of construction work. The repair work will begin as soon as the asphalt plant is open for hot mix material. Also, Jones and Henry are looking into the paving and patching areas for recommendations and determining options for efficient repairs.
· Improvement projects in the village—snow removal on sidewalks has become a question for future planning. Currently the village has an estimated 2100 feet through village.
· The Village Utilities roller—currently is in need of major repairs due to unforeseen issues. The cost involved for the repairs are excessive compared to the value of the roller. At this time it was recommended that renting be an option to help with repairs planned for this year and establish what the current roller is worth “as is “.
Randy Daeger reported that the Mowing and Trimming Contract Agreement with Daniel Vance needs to be approved for another year. After a few minor changes to the contract Danny Workman motioned to approve the Contract with changes, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director, Annette Hasch asked for consensus of council if anyone would like to have a hearing regarding liquor permit renewal objections. Consensus of council was that no hearings are needed.
Harry Wiebe presented the Administrator’s Agenda. The agenda consisted of the following:
Danny Workman motioned to approve the Administrator’s Agenda, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: Randy Daeger, yea; Robert L. Boyd, yea; Ryan Mapes, abstain; Danny Workman, yea; Tim Boss, yea; Tim Boss, yea.
Harry Wiebe also mentioned that real estate signs have been put up in the Village right of way. Harry has looked at the Ordinance that the Village passed in 2007 with the Zoning inspector. There appears to be some conflicting rules for real estate signs. It was recommended by Solicitor Mike Jones that this situation be discussed in a Safety Committee meeting.
Mayor Reinhart relayed that the Parking Tickets collected for March 2016 was $200.00. Mayor’s Court collected $685.00 for the month of March 2016.
Ryan Mapes was wondering about the roof leaks at the Utility Shop. He was wondering if a Buildings & Grounds Committee meeting could be scheduled to discuss building repairs.
The following meetings were scheduled:
· Utility Committee—Tuesday, April 5, 2016 @ 6:00 p.m.
· Committee of the Whole—Monday, April 11, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
· Safety Committee—Monday, April 11, 2016, immediately following Committee of the Whole meeting.
· Buildings & Grounds Committee—Tuesday, April 12, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
· Salary & Allowance Committee—Tuesday, April 12, 2016, immediately following Buildings & Grounds meeting.
Randy Daeger motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Robert L. Boyd motioned to adjourn, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.