ORDINANCE NO. 1462-13
AN ORDINANCE RESTRICTING THE OPERATION OF SNOWMOBILES,
OFF-HIGHWAY MOTORCYCLES, AND ALL-PURPOSE VEHICLES
WITHIN THE VILLAGE OF
ORDINANCE NO. 1268-02 IN ITS ENTIRETY
WHEREAS, the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles in conjunction with normal vehicular traffic on the public thoroughfares of the Village of Paulding poses a danger to the safety of the operator of these motor vehicles and the operators of other vehicles and the public, and
WHEREAS, the operation of a
snowmobile, off-road motorcycle, and all-purpose vehicles in the
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED
BY THE COUNCIL OT THE
Section 1. For the purpose of
this ordinance which relates to the operation of snowmobiles, off-road
motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles within the corporation limits of the
(1) "Snowmobile" - means any self-propelled vehicle designated primarily for use on snow or ice and steered by skis, runners or caterpillar treads.
(2) "Off-Road Motorcycles" - every motorcycle that is designed to be operated primarily on lands other than a street or highway.
(3) "All-Purpose Vehicles" - any self-propelled vehicle designed primarily for cross country travel on land and water, or on more than one type of terrain, and steered by wheels or caterpillar treads, or any combination thereof, including vehicles that operate on cushion of air, vehicles commonly known as all-terrain vehicles, all season vehicles, mini bikes, and trail bikes.
(4) "Owner" - means any person, firm, or corporation, other than lien holder or dealer, having title to a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle, or other right to the possession thereof.
(5) "Operator" - any person who operates or is in actual physical control of a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle.
"Public Thoroughfare" - means the
entire width between the boundary lines of any highway, road, street, avenue,
alley, public place, or public driveway within the corporation limits, and
subject to the jurisdiction of the
Property” - means all land located within the corporation limits of the
Section 2. No person shall
operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle upon any
property publicly owned or leased by the
Section 3. No person shall
operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle upon or
within any public thoroughfare within the
Section 4. No person shall
operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle on any
private property within the
Section 5. The operation of all-purpose vehicles with
an attached snowplow shall be permitted on public and private property within
Section 6. Any operator of a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle who violates this ordinance shall be deemed guilty of a minor misdemeanor shall be fined not more than $100.00 for the first such offense; whoever is convicted of or is found guilty of a second offense within one (1) year after the first offense shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree and shall be imprisoned or jailed for not more than thirty (30) days and fined not more than $250.00; whoever is convicted of or is found guilty of each subsequent offense after the first and second offense within one (1) year shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree and shall be imprisoned or jailed not more than sixty (60) days and shall be fined not more than $500.00.
Section 7. Ordinance No. 1268-02 shall be and hereby is repealed in its entirety.
Section 8.This Ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after the earliest period allowed by law.
Greg A. White Mayor
Melissa S. Tope
1st Reading: 8/19/2013
2nd Reading: 9/3/2013 (Or) Rules Suspended: _____________
3rd Reading: 10/7/2013