Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on May 2, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Randy Daeger, Robert L. Boyd, Ryan Mapes, Danny Workman, Tim Boss, and Barb Rife. Administrator Harry Wiebe was also present, as was Solicitor Mike Jones via Skype.
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the minutes of the April 18th Council meeting, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea.
Karen Sunday was a guest at the meeting and was wondering about the status of the Emerald Acres drainage issues. Harry Wiebe informed Karen that Jay Dangler Excavating was contracted to replace a drainage line in her area.
Tim Boss reported on the Recreation Board meeting. The Recreation Board would like the approval to hire Steven Strayer for the Pool Manager for the 2016 season. They also have a list of lifeguards and concession/front desk workers that they would like to hire. Dan Workman made a motion to approve the Recreation Board recommendations for hiring summer pool help, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife reported on the Utility Committee meeting held on April 27, 2016. The following items that were discussed are as follows:
· Water Superintendent has requested summer help to do cleaning and painting around the water plant. Harry will look into available Community Service Workers. Judge Rister and the Probation Office verified that the Community Service program in still current.
· New OEPA mandates HAB (Harmful Algae Bloom) testing. This testing will begin in June. Only a few labs are certified in the state to do testing. Will be sending samples to Celina for testing. Additional cost of $6360/yr for sampling.
· Our Jon Boat has been replaced with a larger style and less holes in the floor. Old boat was purchased in the 1990’s and has been repaired many times. The chemical dispersing machine has limited the weight of occupants and chemicals allowed in the boat. The new boat should be operational later this spring.
· High Service Pump Issues – both service pumps have had issues with leaks and excessive wearing on parts. Gary is working with the manufacture on the issues and they are waiting for parts to repair.
· GE pump bearing problems – vibration issues have been found to cause pitting in some of the bearings of the GE pumps. Unsure of the cause. Gary will be talking to the manufacturer for possible solutions.
· Waste Water Aerators are still not working effectively. Additional communication with the manufacture will be needed to address the problems.
Harry Wiebe presented the Administrator’s Agenda. The agenda consisted of the following:
Barb Rife motioned to approve the Administrator’s Agenda, seconded by Ryan Mapes.
Vote: all yea.
Mayor Reinhart announced that we have some new EMT’s that recently passed their tests.
Mayor Reinhart relayed that the Parking Tickets collected for April 2016 was $35.00. Mayor’s Court collected $1,025.00 for the month of April 2016.
The following meetings were scheduled:
· Special Council meeting—Monday, May 9, 2016 @ 5:00 p.m.
· Committee of the Whole—Monday, May 9, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
· Recreation Committee meeting—Saturday, May 7, 2016 @ 9:00 a.m.
· Buildings & Grounds Committee—Thursday, May 19, 2016 @ 5:30 p.m.
Tim Boss motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Randy Daeger motioned to adjourn, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.