Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on October 17, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Randy Daeger, Robert L. Boyd, Ryan Mapes, Danny Workman, Tim Boss and Barb Rife. Administrator Robert Fisher was also present, as was Solicitor Mike Jones via Skype.
Dan Workman motioned to approve the minutes of the October 3rd Council meeting, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea.
Assistant EMS Coordinator Susie Crossland was present at the meeting to discuss issues with disregarded EMS runs. The main issue is with Oakwood EMS. So far this year Paulding has been called 31 times to take Oakwood EMS runs and 13 of them were disregarded after our people were called out. The mutual aid agreement is not meant for taking main EMS runs for that particular area. They are meant for back-up purposes and not because they don’t have enough manpower. There was an agreement sent to Oakwood in March 2015 in which we were going to charge them $100 for every disregard. The agreement was never signed by Oakwood. It has been discussed not to take any of Oakwood’s EMS runs.
Ryan Mapes reported on the Street Committee meeting held on October 11, 2016. The following items were discussed:
· The temporary center line along Williams Street/US 127 near the town square that was marked off center after paving was completed is being corrected. The temporary lines will be replaced with the permanent lines along with the parking areas as weather permits.
· Snow removal for village properties and the hauling of heavy snow accumulations that pile up around town. The administrator is looking into what he feels could be handled by the street department along with new ideas that may help save money and/or be more efficient.
· Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTV) within the village limits, more information will be gathered and discussed for a later date.
· The alley located in Lots 28-31 and 40-43 of Dix’s First addition. It is the recommendation of the Street Committee to vacate the east portion of this alley including lots 28, 29, 42, and 43. Also, an A frame style barricade placed at the end of the improved portion with appropriate signage.
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the Street Committee’s report, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Ordinance No. 1523-16 re: An Ordinance Vacating an Alley Located Between Lots 28 through 29 (North Side) an 42 through 43 (South Side) of Dix’s First Addition to the Village of Paulding, Paulding County, Ohio was read for the third time. Randy Daeger motioned to remove Ordinance from the table and add to the agenda, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea. Dan Workman motioned to amend Ordinance No. 1523-16, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea. Robert L. Boyd motioned to approve the legislation, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Ordinance No. 1528-16 re: An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 1328-05 as it relates to Section 90.12 of the Village of Paulding Zoning Code was read for the third time. Ryan Mapes motioned to approve legislation, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Ordinance No. 1529-16 re: An Ordinance Granting Village Administrator Robert J. Fisher additional time within which to relocate his residence within the corporation limits of the Village of Paulding, Ohio was read for the third time. Dan Workman motioned to approve legislation, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director Annette Hasch asked for the authorization to change the Village credit card from Harry Wiebe’s name to Robert Fisher’s name. Barb Rife motioned to change our business credit card from Harry Wiebe to Robert Fisher, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director Annette Hasch asked for the authorization for the Mayor and her to sign the pay request for Rath Builders Supply (water meter project) in the amount of $60,495.00. Dan Workman motioned to authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the pay request for Rath Builders Supply, seconded by Tim Boss. Vote: all yea.
Robert Fisher presented the Administrator’s Agenda. The agenda consisted of the following:
Barb Rife motioned to approve number one only of the Administrator’s Agenda, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Mayor Greg Reinhart relayed that Paulding’s trick or treat will be Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 5:00-6:30.
Mayor Greg Reinhart also stated that the September 2016 Paulding EMS report is the packet.
Solicitor Mike Jones asked that Council go into Executive session to discuss a pending legal matter.
Barb Rife motioned for Council to move into Executive Session to discuss a pending legal matter, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned for Council to move into Regular Session, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
The following meetings were scheduled:
· Buildings & Grounds Committee meeting—Wednesday, October 19, 2016 @ 4:30 p.m.
· Safety Committee meeting—Wednesday, October 19, 2016 immediately after Buildings & Grounds meeting.
Randy Daeger motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Robert L. Boyd motioned to adjourn, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.