(Effective January 25, 2019)
BeaconMD Technology, LLC, d/b/a Agordia (“us,” “we,” or “Agordia”) adopts the general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) (http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Agordia’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section.
Our policy is to (a) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or other users; and (b) remove and discontinue Service to repeat offenders.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements.
If you believe the material or content residing on or accessible through the Apps or Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
· Identification of works or materials being infringed;
· Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Agordia is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
· Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
· A statement that the notifier believes in good faith that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification.
Once a Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is Agordia’s policy:
· to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
· to notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
· for repeat offenders, to terminate such content providers, member’s or user’s access to the Service.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent.
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
· A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
· Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
· A statement that the content provider, member or user believes in good faith that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
· The content providers, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content providers, member's or user's address is located, or if the content providers, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Agordia is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Agordia may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it may be restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Agordia’s discretion.
Address for Designated Agent. Please contact Agordia’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Copyright Agent, Agordia
#100 Road 165 STE 802 Building 1
Guaynabo, PR 00968
Phone: (214) 997-1843
Fax: (469) 629-5756
Email to: email@example.com
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE COPYRIGHT POLICY
The effective date of this Copyright Policy is set forth at the top of this Policy. We will notify you of any material change by posting notice on the Apps and Services. Your continued use of the Apps and Services after the effective date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Copyright Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on acceptable uses of the Apps and Services. The amended Copyright Policy supersedes all previous versions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS COPYRIGHT POLICY, YOU MUST STOP USING THE APPS AND SERVICES AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF SUCH CHANGES.