|
||||||||||||||||||
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Some recent topics started on our forums | |
| Clip planes on NVIDIA with Shaders? | My NVIDIA 8600GT supports user clip planes, but only when using the fixed pipeline. Is there any way to enable them when using shaders? I've occasionally come across places suggesting this is possible (e.g., a comment here suggests it works if y... |
| Posted November 24, 2007 1:54:33 PM | |
| Oblique Depth Projection troubles... | I am trying to use the Oblique Depth Projection code at http://www.terathon.com/code/oblique.php , but am having problems (using OpenGL). I am trying to render reflections in a Y=0 plane. I get the same problem whether I use Render to Texture, or jus... |
| Posted November 14, 2007 9:25:11 PM | |
| Vertex Buffer Objects versus Display Lists | Further to my earlier post, I'm now having trouble with the performance of VBOs versus display lists. There's been a million threads on vertex arrays versus display lists, and I know that the latter have an advantage of the data being stored ... |
| Posted February 27, 2006 10:36:58 PM | |
| Vertex Buffer Objects with Dynamic Data | Are there any good tutorials about using Vertex Buffer Objects properly with dynamic data? I want to render models where the vertices are recalculated each time (because I'm interpolating between frames), though the normals and texture coordinates ar... |
| Posted March 5, 2006 12:08:56 AM | |
| Poor Performance with Vertex Buffer Objects | I recently discovered a problem with performance on Vertex Buffer Objects - I've found the cause, but I'm curious as to the reasons. The problem occurred when I specified vertex colours with a VBO. To make sure it wasn't something odd with my... |
| Posted February 27, 2006 7:57:19 PM | |
| View All Topics Started By This User | |
| Some recent replies made on our forums | |
| Free 2d/3d art assets '09! | http://www.imageafter.com - free photos and textures, can be used for personal and commercial use http://www.lovetextures.com - textures, Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 (although see below) http://free3dstextures.com - textures, Creative Comm... |
| Posted September 20, 2009 6:03:28 PM | |
| OpenGL 3.0 canceled? | Quote:Original post by stimarco The games industry is acting like OpenGL is *just* for them. This is not the case and it's unfair on the other markets to throw a major tantrum just because Santa didn't bring what you asked for. Life is full of... |
| Posted August 26, 2008 9:06:46 AM | |
| OpenGL3.0.. I mean 2.2 | Quote:Original post by mikeman Quote: The only ones who are going to care/hurt from this are the indies who spend *way too much* time obsessing over their APIs, and not enough time writing games. My sentiments exactly. It is just a r... |
| Posted August 13, 2008 10:32:11 PM | |
| OpenGL3.0.. I mean 2.2 | Quote:Original post by paulecoyote I wonder then, as Macs are becoming more popular these days... and more people play games - will Apple / Linux community implement and extend to keep up with DX? Or do something new?It's not just Linux and Mac - wh... |
| Posted August 13, 2008 9:16:45 AM | |
| OpenGL3.0.. I mean 2.2 | Quote:Original post by InvalidPointer I couldn't help but laugh a little bit at the irony-- the ARB gets nailed for NOT dropping some support for older apps, but when Microsoft does the right thing and pushes forward with DX10-- they take a lot of f... |
| Posted August 12, 2008 9:00:48 AM | |
| 2 proposed policy changes - feedback wanted | Quote:Original post by stimarco I agree with J B Adams' proposals 100%. And not just for the legal issues. Enough with the derivative games! This industry needs more *creativity*, not just more programmers. I disagree. Whilst it might be nice if al... |
| Posted May 13, 2008 10:14:12 AM | |
| John Carmack on Ray Tracing | Quote:Original post by Pragma With Moore's law it's pretty clear that the GPU's days are numbered. NVIDIA knows this, but they already are too tied to rasterization technology to change course at this point. It's going to take someone like Intel to... |
| Posted April 2, 2008 8:22:39 AM | |
| Games For Girls? No, Games For Everyone! | I agree - at first I though the DS ads were good in showing a woman playing games, in that it's trying to be inclusive of women. But then they had to ruin it with "Games for girls", and then you realise how all the games being shown are ones inv... |
| Posted March 31, 2008 10:09:59 AM | |
| Copyright Infringement? | Quote:Original post by stonemetal Quote:Original post by mdwh [I've never heard of a case where copyright infringment applied to something that was never distributed...? (Not that it matters for the OP's question, but just saying.) If you take a b... |
| Posted February 19, 2008 10:08:43 AM | |
| Copyright Infringement? | Quote:Original post by Sadr I can't say for sure what is legal and what is not here, but I think as long as you use a copyrighted name like "Naruto" for instance, you are indeed braking copyrights.I believe that using names would more likely be a tr... |
| Posted February 18, 2008 10:18:43 AM | |
| View All Replies Made By This User | |