How to start studying in Canada?

1. Select a program and colleges
Start by choosing a study program that is right for you. Almost every degree program in Canada will be taught in English. Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, there are degrees in many fields across a variety of disciplines. Canada is known around the world for a variety of programs including humanities, business, and science. Popular majors in Canada are: Environmental Sciences, Psychology, Computer Science, and MBA.

The best universities in Canada you should consider during your study abroad adventure:
University of British Columbia
Royal Roads University
Thompson Rivers University
Brock University
Mount Allison University
University of Regina
University of Toronto
2. Prepare for the application

When you shortlist the university options, check to see if they are Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs). This means Canada recognizes them as trustworthy places of study and you won't risk falling victim to an education fraud. Also consider tuition fees, which can significantly increase the cost of your studies. These vary by country of origin, but universities offer more detail on their website for each academic program.

Research your chosen subject and language of study. Canada is bilingual, so you can choose a Masters degree taught in English, French, or both.
High marks are important in the application process. Many institutions require grades of 70% above average. The higher the grades, the better your chances of enrolling in a good university.
If you are over 25 and have completed your last program at least two years before applying, you may be required to provide information about your previous jobs.

3. Meet the language proficiency requirements
Students in Canada can choose from a wide variety of study programs taught in English as well as French. Depending on which language you choose to learn, you will have to prove your level of knowledge.
Main English Language Tests Accepted by Top Canada Universities:

PTE Academic
C1 Advanced

Some universities may accept other English language tests, such as:
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
CanTEST (Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees)
MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
French language tests accepted by universities in Canada


4. Take care of the remaining application documents
Each university sets its own admission requirements, but here are the most common ones:

Graduation certificate
Completed application form
Curriculum vitae or CV
Letter of Intent
Proof that you are financially viable while studying in Canada
Two reference letters confirming preparation for studies

Find more information here: Canada Study Visa