a. Recognition of Jennifer Rodriguez and La Habra Police Officers Funes and Chris Koelber for their life saving efforts.
b. Recognition of La Habra Police Officer Chris Koelber on his retirement and 30 years of service.
c. Recognition of 2016 Annual Holiday Decorating Contest - "Light Up The Season" Award Winners.
d. Commendation to Mayor Gomez.
|II.|| PUBLIC COMMENTS:
|III.||CERTIFICATION OF ELECTION RESULTS:|
1. Approve resolution certifying the results of the November 8, 2016, General Municipal Election.
a. APPROVE AND ADOPT RESOLUTION NO ______ ENTITLED A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LA HABRA, CALIFORNIA, RECITING THE FACT OF THE GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD ON NOVEMBER 8, 2016, DECLARING THE RESULTS AND SUCH OTHER MATTERS AS PROVIDED BY LAW.
|IV.||INSTALLATION OF NEWLY ELECTED/APPOINTED COUNCILMEMBERS:|
1. Administration of Oath of Office to Rose Espinoza, Tom Beamish, and Tim Shaw; and presentation of Certificates of Election.
|V.||CITY COUNCIL RE-ORGANIZATION AND APPOINTMENTS:|
1. Election of Mayor (December 2016 - December 2017).
2. Election of Mayor Pro Tem (December 2016 - December 2017).
3. Election of Chair and Vice Chair (December 2016 - December 2017).
4. Consider appointments of Delegate and Alternate to the Orange County Vector Control District for a two-year term: December 2016 - December 2018.
5. Consider appointments of Delegate and Alternate to the Orange County Sanitation District for a one-year term: December 2016 - December 2017.
6. Consider appointments of Delegate and Alternate to the Southern California Association of Governments for purposes of voting in General Assembly meetings.
7. Consider appointments of Delegate and Alternate to the Orange County Library Advisory Board for a two-year term: December 2016 - December 2018.
8. Consider appointments of two Councilmembers to serve on the Internal Audit Committee for a one-year term: December 2016 - December 2017.
|VI.||CONSENT CALENDAR FOR CITY COUNCIL, ALL AUTHORITIES, AND AGENCY:|
A. CONSENT CALENDAR - CITY COUNCIL:
1. PROCEDURAL WAIVER: Waive reading in full of resolutions and ordinances and approval and adoption of same by reading title only.
2. Approve and adopt resolution declaring City Council intention to transfer a pipeline franchise from California Resources Production Corporation (formerly Vintage Production California, LLC) to Matrix Pipeline, LP.
a. APPROVE AND ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. ______ ENTITLED: A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LA HABRA, CALIFORNIA, ACKNOWLEDGING THE TRANSFER OF PIPELINE ORDINANCE NO. 1670 TO MATRIX PIPELINE, LP.
3. Review and adopt the City’s Annual Investment Policy for implementation on January 1, 2017.
4. Authorize the City Manager to execute a five-year lease agreement with Konica Minolta Business Solutions, Inc. for installation and maintenance services of 15 copiers for a total of approximately $385,382.35 over the five years.
5. Approve and adopt a resolution concerning Measure M2 Expenditure Report from July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016, pursuant to Ordinance No. 3 of the Orange County Transportation Authority’s Renewed Measure M Fair Share and Competitive Program Funds.
a. APPROVE AND ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. ______ ENTITLED: A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LA HABRA CONCERNING THE MEASURE M2 EXPENDITURE REPORT FOR THE CITY OF LA HABRA.
6. Approve the Notice of Completion for the Alley Beautification Project FY 2015-2016, City Project No. 2-R-16.
7. Approve Plans and Specifications for the Euclid Street Rehabilitation from Imperial Highway to the South City Limits and Harbor Boulevard Rehabilitation from Imperial Highway to the South City Limits, Project Nos. 3-R-16 and 4-R-16 and award to R. J. Noble Company of Orange, California and reject all other bids; authorize City Manager to execute agreement with R. J. Noble Company in the amount of $987,691; and authorize staff to issue a purchase order to R. J. Noble Company in the amount of $1,086,460.10 which includes a 10 percent contingency.
8. Authorize City Manager to execute agreement with recommended consultants for "On-Call" Geotechnical Engineering and Material Testing Services for Public Works Projects, FY 2016-2017 through FY 2020-2021; and authorize staff to issue a purchase orders to Ninyo & Moore, Twining, Inc., and American Engineering Laboratories, Inc. for FY 2016-2017 through FY 2020-2021 in an amount not to exceed $75,000 per company, per fiscal year.
9. Approve and adopt a resolution amending the Citywide Records Management Policy and Records Retention Schedule to incorporate new statutes related to public records.
a. APPROVE AND ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. _______ ENTITLED: A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LA HABRA AMENDING THE RECORDS MANAGEMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURES AND RECORDS RETENTION SCHEDULE FOR THE RETENTION AND DISPOSITION OF RECORDS OF THE CITY OF LA HABRA, AND RESCINDING RESOLUTION NO. 5578 IN ITS ENTIRETY.
10. APPROVE SECOND READING AND ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 1774 ENTITLED: AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LA HABRA ADOPTING PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT PRECISE PLAN 16-01 FOR A GROCERY STORE AT 951-1001 EAST IMPERIAL HIGHWAY, MAKING THE APPROPRIATE FINDINGS, AS PER THE APPROVED PLANS, AND SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS.
11. Authorize City Manager to execute a purchase order in the amount of $58,374.62 with SHI, Inc. for the purchase of the Aruba ClearPass Access Management System.
12. WARRANTS: Approve Nos. 00109392 through 00109539 totaling $796,529.97; and WIRE TRANSFER: Approve Wire Date 12/12/16 for a total of $24,516.47.
B. CONSENT CALENDAR - CIVIC IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
1. Approve Civic Improvement Authority Minutes of:
a. June 20, 2016
b. July 5, 2016
c. July 18, 2016
d. August 1, 2016
e. August 15, 2016
f. September 6, 2016
g. September 19, 2016
h. October 3, 2016
i. October 17, 2016
j. November 7, 2016
k. November 21, 2016
l. December 5, 2016
C. CONSENT CALENDAR - HOUSING AUTHORITY:
1. Approve Housing Authority Minutes of:
a. October 17, 2016
b. November 7, 2016
c. November 21, 2016
d. December 5, 2016
D. CONSENT CALENDAR - SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE LA HABRA REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY:
1. Approve Successor Agency Minutes of:
a. November 21, 2016
b. December 5, 2016
E. CONSENT CALENDAR - UTILITY AUTHORITY:
1. Approve Utility Authority Minutes of:
a. November 7, 2016
b. November 21, 2016
c. December 5, 2016
|VII.||CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS REMOVED FOR SEPARATE DISCUSSION:|
|VIII.|| PUBLIC HEARINGS: None at this time.
|IX.|| CONSIDERATION ITEMS:
1. Consider a status update on the Civic Center Improvement Project and proposed modification to the scope of work.
a. Approve the proposed change of scope of the Civic Center project in an amount not to exceed $1,751,000, which includes a 10 percent contingency; and appropriate $200,000 from the Gas Tax Fund, $125,000 from Traffic Impact Fund, $125,000 from the Water Fund, and $1,301,000 from the General Capital Projects Fund to pay for the cost of the additional scope of work.
|X.||MAYOR’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR:|
|XI.||COMMENTS FROM STAFF:|
|XII.||COMMENTS FROM COUNCILMEMBERS:|
|Laurie Swindell, CMC, City Clerk|