Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on July 17, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Randy Daeger, Tim Boss, Barb Rife, Robert L. Boyd, Ryan Mapes, and Dan Workman. Administrator Robert Fisher was also present, as was Solicitor Rachel L. Jones.
Robert L. Boyd motioned to approve the minutes of the July 3rd Council meeting, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: Robert L. Boyd, yea; Ryan Mapes, yea; Randy Daeger, yea; Tim Boss, yea; Barb Rife, yea; Dan Workman, abstain.
Representatives from MLJ Rentals was present for the Council Meeting. They were upset to receive a letter for some past due invoices for their rental houses. The Village had numerous attempts to collect and also had Returned To You to try to collect on these accounts with no avail. Robert Fisher and Annette Hasch had met with Jordan Taylor previously to discuss issue, but nothing was settled. A Utility Meeting has been set up for July 25th to discuss further.
Dave Burtch wanted to thank everyone for the support of John Paulding Days.
Zoning Inspector, Ron Schmidt was present for the Council meeting. He presented the Planning Commission meeting minutes from July 13, 2017. The following topics were discussed:
1. US127/Gasser Rd Intersection Project. Village Administrator, Robert Fisher wanted to review the plans for the left turn lanes on N. Williams Street at the intersection of Gasser Rd and Dooley Drive.
2. New storage unit at 811 N Williams St being erected by Klint & Chad Manz. Klint Manz presented the layout of the new storage facility.
3. Rylee Carlisle requested a sign code change to permit home business signs in residential districts.
Dan Workman motioned to approve the Planning Commission recommendation to approve item #2 regarding the new storage unit being built at 811 N. Williams Street by Klint & Chad Manz, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Ryan Mapes reported on the Utility Committee meeting held on July 13, 2017. The following items were discussed:
· Tap connections for the storm water mains. It was discussed about the possibility of additional taps. Currently most of the storm and sanitary sewers have been or are in the process of being separated. Due to variable with engineering and design, current taps vary with location and additional taps have been a question. A utility meeting will be set up to discuss matter further.
· Paulding County EMA Training Facility Project. The facility has been awarded a $177,165 grant from a local government safety grant. This training facility will help train fire, law enforcement, and EMS personnel. Ed Bohn, Paulding EMA Director, explained that the waterline extension has an estimated cost of 24,000. Any assistance towards the project would be greatly appreciated. The Utility Committee’s recommendation is to contribute $5,500 towards the engineering of the water line extension.
Robert L. Boyd motioned to approve the Utility Committee’s recommendation, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.
Resolution No. 1323-17 re: A Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to Apply for, Accept and Enter into a Water Pollution Control Fund Agreement on Behalf of the Village of Paulding for Planning, Design and/or Construction of Wastewater Facilities; and Designating a Repayment Source for the Loan and Declaring An Emergency was read for the first time. Dan Workman motioned to suspend the rules and declare an emergency, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea. Ryan Mapes motioned to approve the legislation, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director Annette Hasch asked for the authorization for the Mayor to sign the pay request for Ferguson Enterprises (Water Meter Replacement) in the amount of $3,252.00. Dan Workman motioned to authorize the Mayor to sign the pay request for Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director Annette Hasch asked for the authorization for the Mayor and her to sign the Ohio Public Works Commission signature page for Pay Request #11 (Water Meter Replacement). Robert L. Boyd motioned to authorize the Mayor and Finance Director to sign the signature pay request #11, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Robert Fisher presented the Administrator’s Agenda. The agenda consisted of the following:
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the Administrator’s Agenda, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.
Mayor Greg Reinhart relayed that the EMS report June 2017 is in the Council packet.
Mayor Greg Reinhart has appointed Lori Clark to the Cemetery Board.
Randy Daeger motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Ryan Mapes. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned for Council to move into Executive Session to consider the employment of a public employee and a pending legal matter, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned for Council to move into Regular Session, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
The following meetings were scheduled:
· Ordinance Committee—Tuesday, July 18, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
· Finance Committee—Tuesday, July 18, 2017 immediately after Ordinance Committee meeting.
· Utility Committee—Tuesday, July 25, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
· Buildings & Grounds Committee—Tuesday, July 25, 2017 immediately after Utility Committee meeting.
· Ordinance Committee Meeting—Thursday, July 27, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
Ryan Mapes motioned to adjourn, seconded by Robert L. Boyd. Vote: all yea.