Paulding Village Council met in Regular Session on June 4, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. Mayor Greg Reinhart called the meeting to order.
Finance Director Annette Hasch called roll with the following members present: Randy Daeger, Barb Rife, David Burtch, Tim Boss and Dan Workman. Solicitor Harvey Hyman was also present.
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the minutes of the May 21st Council meeting, seconded by David Burtch. Vote: all yea.
Karen Sunday asked if our utility workers have worked on the north side of Nancy Street yet. Also, the status of the south side of Nancy Street in which Ben Kauser is performing the work. Finance Director, Annette Hasch told her that the utility did not get out there yet. They were getting the Swimming Pool ready and opened. They were working on Helen Street today on the ground restoration. We do not know the timeframe for the worked being performed by Ben Kauser.
John Bissell came to the meeting wanting the speed limit changed on Emerald Road between Jackson Street and Dooley Drive to 35 mph.
Barb Rife reported on the Buildings & Grounds Committee meeting held on May 31, 2018. The following items were discussed:
· The committee reviewed the roof on the Utility Shop building which will be repaired with a spray-on roof adhesive. The committee would like to recommend Nye Roofing of Edgerton in the amount of $47,316.
· Will have the utility workers mark the storm drains covers in the cemetery so they are more visible. Possibly spray painting the area.
· Concrete barriers will be placed on driveway that connects the cemetery driveway with the brush pile driveway. Tom-Tim Drive should be the only access to the brush pile.
· Will be receiving quotes for dead trees and stump removal.
· Will be receiving quotes for broken window panes in the Mausoleum and placing plexiglass on outside of windows. Will also be getting quotes for interior and foundation work on Mausoleum.
Randy Daeger motioned to approve the Buildings & Grounds Committee report, seconded by David Burtch. Vote: all yea.
Ordinance No. 1549-18 re: An Ordinance Regulating Parking within the Village Limits of Paulding, Ohio and Repealing Ordinance No. 1518-16 in its Entirety was read for the first time.
Finance Director Annette Hasch requested that the Swimming Pool fees be approved for the 2018 season as follows:
· 3 & over, 65 & over – Free
· Individual - $3
· 15 Day Pass- $40 Individual & $135 Family of 4*
· 30 Day Pass- $75 Individual & $165 Family of 4*
· Season Pass- $135 Individual & $175 Family of 4*
*Each additional family member is $10 extra
· Daycare season pass - $125
· Group rate - $1 ea. (must call in advance for rate
· Pool rental - $105/hr
· Pool rental + slide or features - $135/hr
· Pool rental + slide + features - $175/hr
· Swim lessons - $25/two-week session
Randy Daeger motioned to approve Swimming Pool rates, seconded by Barb Rife. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director Annette Hasch requested a $117,321.01 transfer from the Income Tax Fund (#102) to the Sewer Cap Imp Fund (#612). To pay OWDA Ln#6911. Dan Workman motioned to approve the transfer of $117,321.01 from the Income Tax Fund to the Sewer Cap Imp Fund, seconded by David Burtch. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director Annette Hasch asked for the approval to assess a property located at 13678 Nancy Street for water & sewer in the amount of $201.37. Barb Rife motioned to approve the assessment of $201.37 for property at 13678 Nancy Street, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.
Finance Director, Annette Hasch asked the Consensus of Council for the Paulding Kiwanis to have a fund raiser for June 22, 2018. They are having a free-will lunch by the Herb Monroe Park. The Council approved event.
Mayor, Greg Reinhart presented an application for Street Right-of-Way Permit for the John Paulding Day Parade on July 13th and the Festival for July 12th – July 15th. Barb Rife motioned to approve Right-of-Way permit, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.
Solicitor, Harvey Hyman said he is still researching the golf cart permitting for special events.
David Burtch wanted to remind everyone of the Friends of the Paulding Chamber has a Wine Tasting event on Friday, June 8, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. at the Old Masonic Lodge. Tickets are still available for $20 per person.
Barb Rife motioned to pay the bills, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned for Council to move into Executive
Session to consider a pending legal matter and to consider the employment of a
public employee, seconded by
Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
Barb Rife motioned for Council to move into Regular Session, seconded by Randy Daeger. Vote: all yea.
With a majority vote Greg White was appointed to Council to fill the remaining term of Ryan Mapes which will expire December 31, 2019.
Randy Daeger motioned to adjourn, seconded by Dan Workman. Vote: all yea.