How To Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware 126.96.36.1992
Download MalwareByte's Anti-Malware
1. Download the latest MalwareBytes Program or copy and paste the following into your browser: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
2. Click the Orange Free Version Download button
3. For Internet Explorer, wait for the yellow banner to appear at the bottom of the screen......
For High Speed Internet Users: When the yellow banner appears at the bottom of the screen, Click on Run. Follow the installation wizard instructions to install.
For Dial Up Internet Users: When the File Download window will appears, Click on the small arrow next to Save and then click on Save As.
4. Click on Desktop in the upper left corner and click Save. Once downloaded, double click icon on your desktop and follow installation wizard instructions to install.
For Chrome there is no option to save as, so just watch the file progress in the lower left corner of the browser. Once it finishes downloading, click on the file name.
Note: If you downloaded to your desktop, delete the icon from your desktop after installation is complete.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
1. Double Click the MalwareBytes setup icon on your desktop, or go to your Downloads folder and locate the file.
2. Click Run if a security warning pop-up appears
3. Click Continue
4. Choose your language, then click OK
5. Click Next
6. Click the button in front of I accept the license agreement and click Next
7. Click Next
8. Keep defaults and click Next
9. If you receive the following message, then click Yes to create the folder
10. Keep defaults and click Next
11. Click Install
12. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, Uncheck the box for "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium" and then click Finish.
Note: It is very important that the box to enable the trial of the Premium product is unchecked. Leaving this option checked will install a version that will only be valid for 30 days.
13. Once finished, it will open to the Dashboard and immediately start an update.
14. Once update is finished, apply a settings change for future scans. Go to Settings at the top, then click on Detection and Protection in the left pane.
15. Under Recommended settings, put a check in the box for "Scan for Rootkits"
You are now ready to use Malwarebytes! Run a scan once a week to keep your computer running faster and free of malware and spyware.
Update MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
Note: If you use Dial Up to access the internet, please connect to your service provider before attempting to update.
1. If not already open, Click on Start, then go to All Programs or Programs
2. Then go to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
3. Click on Update Now on the far right of the window. Click again until you get the message "No Updates Available"
Run a Full System Scan
There are two ways a scan can be started in Malwarebytes.
1. Click on Dashboard (if not already in it), then click on the large green button Scan Now
2. After clicking on Scan Now, the application will attempt to do an update before scanning. You can click Update Now or Skip Update.
3. Once it has updated, the scan will automatically start.
1. Click Scan at the top of the window, and then choose the type of scan you would like to run, and then click Scan Now in the bottom right corner.
The three types of scans are Threat Scan, Custom Scan, or Hyper Scan. The Threat Scan will scan the entire system thoroughly. The Custom Scan should be used when you need to scan a pen drive or a folder that you have just copied from another source other than your own computer. The Hyper Scan is a quick scan that just scans the basics. It is recommended that you use the Threat Scan.
You are done! Do this once a week to keep your computer free of Spyware, Malware and Adware.
For any questions please call 480-218-4960 or E-Mail email@example.com