• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Sunday, October 23, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

27 killed in South Sudan communal violence

Speaking to Sudans Post on Wednesday evening, Upper Nile State Governor Abudhok Anyang said the attack has resulted in the killing of at least twenty-four (24) people as well as the death of three (3) people who he said drowned in the river Nile while on the run.

4 days ago
Reading Time: 4 mins read

An unidentified village being burned following fighting in South Sudan's Upper Nile state [Photo by unknown]
An unidentified village being burned following fighting in South Sudan’s Upper Nile state [Photo by unknown]
JUBA – At least twenty-seven people have been killed in separate villages this month in Fashoda and Panyikang Counties of Upper Nile state following attacks by armed men believed to have come from neighboring Jonglei State, Governor Abudhok Anyang told Sudans Post on Wednesday.

Earlier this month, thousands of Gawaar White Army who are said to have joined the political conflict between opposition commanders in the oil-rich state in support of General Simon Gatwech Dual attacked several villages in Fashoda and Panyikang killing dozens of people.

Speaking to Sudans Post on Wednesday evening, Upper Nile State Governor Abudhok Anyang said the attack has resulted in the killing of at least twenty-four (24) people as well as the death of three (3) people who he said drowned in the river Nile while on the run.

“The total number of the people who have lost their lives since this senseless attack is now 27. Among the 27 are 3 people who drowned in the Nile while 24 people were intentionally killed. So, this is the entire statistic that we have for now,” Governor Abudhok said.

The top government official further that the number of the people who died might be higher given the lack of proper communication means in the state and said that authorities were still investigating and will update the number accordingly.

“Up to now as I said, those who died are 27, but the government of Upper Nile State is investigation and is reaching out to remote villagers to understand if there are any deaths as result of this attack which have not been reported,” he said.

“So, once we find out, we will update the public accordingly. It is a very unfortunate situation and it is sad that after signing the peace agreement, our people have continued to die but the government in Juba has not taken any measures to help,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Bech Marial (right) Abuk Matthew (center) and Duhai Ayuel Akok (left) were deported from Egypt on Friday, October 21, 2022. [Photo courtesy of the students]

South Sudanese students deported over Cairo embassy sit-in

CEPO Executive Director Edmund Yakani speaking during a press conference in an undated photo. [Photo by Radio Tamazuj]

CEPO’s Yakani urges Kiir to sign UN convention on persons with disabilities

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • South Sudanese students deported over Cairo embassy sit-in
  • CEPO’s Yakani urges Kiir to sign UN convention on persons with disabilities

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.