• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Monday, September 13, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

3 journalists dismissed by SSBC

The state-run South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation (SSBC) has dismissed three journalists one of whom, Angasi Dominic, was arrested by the National Security Service (NSS) in July for allegedly refusing to readout news that include presidential decree issued by President Salva Kiir Mayardit.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
September 11, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read

South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation Logo [Photo via SSBC Facebook page]
South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation Logo [Photo via SSBC Facebook page]
JUBA – The state-run South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation (SSBC) has dismissed three journalists one of whom, Angasi Dominic, was arrested by the National Security Service (NSS) in July for allegedly refusing to readout news that include presidential decree issued by President Salva Kiir Mayardit.

In a statement Thursday, the South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation did not give reasons for the dismissal of the journalists, but said it wish them best of lack sparking reactions from the journalists themselves and the Union of Journalists of South Sudan saying they shouldn’t have been dismissed because of the issue that led to journalist Dominic’s arrest.

“The administration of this department extends its thanks to the three persons for their contribution, wishing them good luck in their future expectation,” the South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation statement reads in part.

In reaction, Dominic who was arrested on July 2 and released 18 days later without charges said his dismissal from work came as shock to him and said the dismissal “is a violation of my right, why I say it is a violation of right is because I am not really given fair time to be listened to.”

Separately, the Union of Journalists of South Sudan Patrick Oyet Charles said: “If somebody has already been punished for whatever the authorities in SSBC thought was wrong, it is therefore again wrong to dismiss such a person because that will amount to double punishment for one disagreement.”

“It is really unfair, even in law they say that is double jeopardy because you have already been punished.”

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan President Salva Kiir Mayardit [Photo by unknown]

Kiir told ‘election is not an event’

South Sudan First Vice President and SPLM-IO chairman Dr. Riek Machar Teny speaking during the 6th SPLM/SPLA (IO) National Conference in Juba last week [Photo by Sudans Post]

Machar dispatches high-level parliamentary delegation to Sudan

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Kiir told ‘election is not an event’
  • Machar dispatches high-level parliamentary delegation to Sudan

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.