• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Sunday, December 7, 2025
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Airstrike hits MSF clinic in Jonglei, bullets found in compound

MSF said the Pieri facility came under fire as a gunship helicopter hovered overhead. When the aircraft left the area, staff inspecting the site found bullet impacts in the buildings, confirming the facility had been directly hit.

by Sudans Post
December 4, 2025

A bullet hole in an MSF healthcare facility in Pieri, Jonglei state, following airstrike on Wednesday, December 3, 2025. [Photo by MSF].
A bullet hole in an MSF healthcare facility in Pieri, Jonglei state, following airstrike on Wednesday, December 3, 2025. [Photo by MSF].
BOR – A Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) health facility in Pieri, Jonglei State, was struck during an airstrike on December 3, leaving bullets embedded in the compound’s structures and raising fresh alarm over escalating attacks on medical services in South Sudan, the organization said on Thursday.

MSF said the Pieri facility came under fire as a gunship helicopter hovered overhead. When the aircraft left the area, staff inspecting the site found bullet impacts in the buildings, confirming the facility had been directly hit.

No casualties were reported, but the incident has intensified concerns among aid agencies working in conflict-affected parts of Jonglei and Upper Nile, where insecurity has repeatedly disrupted humanitarian operations this year.

MSF said its teams also witnessed additional airstrikes in Lankien, around 60 kilometres from Pieri. The organisation runs a major hospital in Lankien, one of the few secondary-level health facilities serving the wider region.

The hospital was not damaged, but the proximity of the strikes has heightened fears for staff and patients.

The charity said all its personnel in both locations were safe and that no civilian injuries linked to the airstrikes had been confirmed.

It warned, however, that communities in Pieri and Lankien rely almost entirely on MSF to provide basic and emergency care, and any disruption to its activities could put thousands at risk.

This week’s airstrike adds to what MSF described as a growing pattern of violence affecting health services nationwide.

Earlier this year, MSF closed its hospitals in Old Fangak and Ulang following security incidents in May and June, and suspended general healthcare operations in parts of Jonglei, Upper Nile and Central Equatoria as conflict made it unsafe for staff to continue working.

“The recent airstrike shows a deeply concerning pattern in which healthcare facilities are repeatedly hit or come under fire during persistent attacks,” said Emmerson Gono, MSF Deputy Head of Mission in South Sudan.

“We call for the immediate protection of medical infrastructure, staff and patients in South Sudan.”

MSF, one of the largest medical humanitarian organisations operating in the country, said it continues to respond to growing health needs driven by conflict, displacement, flooding and disease outbreaks.

It warned that these challenges are being compounded by declining international funding and a fragile national health system struggling to cope with rising demand.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Click to share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • Client Portal
  • Client Portal
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • LoginPress
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Clashes in Bor town as security forces confront ‘Red Belt’ militia
  • Alfred Futuyo | The polarizing strongman shaping Western Equatoria’s politics

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Skip to toolbar
  • About WordPress
    • About WordPress
    • Get Involved
    • WordPress.org
    • Documentation
    • Learn WordPress
    • Support
    • Feedback
  • Log In