• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

CEPO welcomes deployment of security forces along Juba-Bor highway

The Community Empowerment for Progress Organization (CEPO) has welcomed the deployment of security forces by the government to provide security along the Juba-Bor Road following a violent incident last week.

4 days ago
Reading Time: 4 mins read

CEPO Press Release logo. [Photo courtesy]
CEPO Press Release logo. [Photo courtesy]
JUBA, APRIL 15, 2023 (SUDANS POST) – The Community Empowerment for Progress Organization (CEPO) has welcomed the deployment of security forces by the government to provide security along the Juba-Bor Road following a violent incident last week.

The deployment of government security forces along the important highway follow an attack by suspected Mundari armed men from Terekeka County on a passenger vehicle killing at least four people and wounding others.

“The trend of emerging deadly attacks on Juba-Bor road is an act of hindering community economic empowerment,” said Edmund Yakani, Executive Director of Community Empowerment for Progress Organization in a statement this morning.

Mr. Yakani emphasized that it it crucial for the communities around the Juba-Bor Road to avoid violence at this time when the construction of the road offers long-awaited opportunities for economic growth in the country.

“It is not of great importance for the communities around Juba-Bor to embrace violence at this time where the construction of the road offers long-waited opportunities for economic growth,” the prominent activist  noted.

CEPO further called on the political leadership of Jonglei and Central Equatoria states to establish a joint security team to ensure safety, protection, and security for the movement of people and goods along the road.

“The political leadership of Jonglei and Central Equatoria States should establish a joint security team for the provision of safety, protection, and security for the movement of people and goods,” said the CEPO statement.

Local leaders have also welcomed the deployment of security forces, hoping it will enhance security and foster economic growth.

“The deployment of security forces is a welcome move towards enhancing security. We hope this will help us in restoring normalcy and boosting economic growth,” said a resident of Bor town.

Moreover, local business persons who rely on the road to transport their goods expressed their relief, noting that the recent violence had negatively impacted their businesses.

“We welcome the deployment of security forces. We are optimistic that this will help in restoring confidence and ensure the safety of our trucks and goods,” said a local businessman.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Senior four students writing exams at Juba Technical Secondary School in Juba on Wednesday, 20th April 2022 [Photo by Sudans Post]

BREAKING | Gov’t releases PLE results with Unity leading as best performing state  

The Rapid Support Forces [Photo Hussein Malla/AP]

UAE may help RSF transport fighters back to Sudan from Yemen – source

Comments 1

  1. Manyanng says:
    2 days ago

    Where in South Sudan have security forces fostered development? Dinka Bor should know that their lifeline is CES so they should show respect and act responsibly all the time whether in Juba or while traveling along this route. they cause problem in Juba County (land grabbing/robbery) then they try it in Terekeka county along the same route unfortunately they found it different leading to the closure of their route home. It should be handled as such not the other way round as if Mundari people are problematic.

    Why is that route important? what supply comes through there? When Torit high experienced more than that nothing was deployed. I mean just reaction with balanced provision of safety and security for all the citizens means government is at work. I hope not because of the numbers of generals, ministers and vice president that it is taken seriously. na bias oooooo!

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • BREAKING | Gov’t releases PLE results with Unity leading as best performing state  
  • UAE may help RSF transport fighters back to Sudan from Yemen – source

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.