• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Citizens laud NSS for apprehending Juba gangsters

".....thanks the National Security Service for doing what has not been done by our weak police."

February 8, 2022
Reading Time: 4 mins read

Suspects arrested by national security. [Photo by Awan Achiek/Sudans Post]
Suspects arrested by national security. [Photo by Awan Achiek/Sudans Post]
JUBA – A number of South Sudanese citizens have lauded the country’s National Security Service (NSS) for apprehending members of the so-called Toronto Boys gang group which has been causing havoc among citizens in the country’s capital Juba.

Earlier last week, the National Security Service arrested around 10 members of the Toronto boys in Juba. The ten criminals include a female gangster who has also been accused of luring citizens to be robbed by the gang.

Jacob K. Lupai, a lecturer at the University of Juba, described the arrest of the gangsters by the national security as a decisive move, saying the criminals have long been thorns in the flesh of the residents of Juba town.

“First of all, the South Sudan National Security Service is highly congratulated on such a decisive move to apprehend hard core criminals who have been a thorn in the flesh of residents of Juba,” he wrote in a comment on Sudans Post.

“Those criminals should be behind bars for a long time. This is in order to free the residents of Juba from anxiety and trauma they always endure because of this criminal gang,” he recommended, before adding: “Well done the South Sudan National Security Service.”

Another citizen who identified himself as Lual Acuil said “we hope that all of them have been arrested because if that is not the case, then the national security needs to step up efforts to make sure that the remaining criminals are arrested.”

“But this is one of the remarkable actions the National Security Service has ever taken and we, the citizens will ever be grateful for the national security service. It shouldn’t be the police of the government and those in power, it should work as the protector of the citizens of South Sudan,” he added.

‘Weak police’

Another citizen further criticized the police for not being capable of carrying out its duty saying the work of arresting criminals within the country, especially those stealing, is the work of the police.

“The NSS has a lot to do in regards to our national security. It is very deplorable that we have a weak police that cannot do its work. Anyway, thanks the National Security Service for doing what has not been done by our weak police,” he said.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan main armed opposition commander General Tito Biel Wich. [Photo via Facebook]

Gen. Biel threatens to attack Bentiu over ‘unnecessary provocations’  

South Sudan first vice president and SPLM-IO leader Dr. Riek Machar (L), and Mabior Garang de'Mabior hold a press conference on July 8, 2015 in Nairobi [Photo via Getty Images]

Machar ‘responsible for frustrating’ peace process – Mabior Garang  

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Gen. Biel threatens to attack Bentiu over ‘unnecessary provocations’  
  • Machar ‘responsible for frustrating’ peace process – Mabior Garang  

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.