• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Monday, October 31, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Council of States dispatches facts-finding committee to Western Equatoria

The Council of States has dispatched a facts-finding committee to Western Equatoria State to look into the pollical crises sparked by disagreement between Governor Alfred Futuyo and his deputy Kennedy Ganiko.

1 day ago
Reading Time: 4 mins read

Western Equatoria Governor Alfred Futuyo welcoming members of Council of States at the government secretariat in Yambio. [Photo courtesy]
Western Equatoria Governor Alfred Futuyo welcoming members of Council of States at the government secretariat in Yambio. [Photo courtesy]
JUBA – The Council of States has dispatched a facts-finding committee to Western Equatoria State to look into the pollical crises sparked by disagreement between Governor Alfred Futuyo and his deputy Kennedy Ganiko.

Last month, the deputy governor led a team of senior government officials to withdraw from the government of Western Equatoria State, claiming that the governor had suspended the council of ministers meeting and was also involved in corrupt practices.

The boycott by the senior government officials largely from the ruling Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM) party has affected the functioning of government institutions as many government officials including the deputy governor has not gone to his office.

The Council of State then dispatched a facts-finding team to investigate the political crisis and present its finding to the council in Juba. The team arrived on Wednesday morning and was welcomed by Governor Alfred Futuyo who expressed his happiness and readiness to cooperate with the team.

“The coming of the delegations from the council of State has made me happy like I can fly with wings, because what people do say through telephone and also writing on paper, this time we are going to say it on the table,” Governor Futuyo said upon arrival of the team.

“we shall say you’re the one who did this and that so that the truth will come out, even if the Governor is the one who did it, it must be said on the table that is why am happy, so I welcomed them this committee,” he added.

For his part, Hon. Michael Mario who is the team leader said the team is going to meet all the stakeholders including representatives of tribes of Western Equatoria to try to understand the genesis of the situation.

He said that the committee comprises of 11 members from different political parties to the revitalized peace agreement and will present its finding to the transitional council of states in Juba and to the office of the president.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Gen. Asrat Denero, the chairperson of the South Sudan's ceasefire Transitional monitoring mechanism (CTSAMM), speaks during a board meeting in Juba on Tuesday, May 31, 2022. [Photo by Sudans Post]

South Sudan parties unable to control forces — monitors

Members of SPLM-IG, SSOA, OPP and FDs reading out a statement to withdraw from Western Equatoria State Government. [Photo courtesy]

Western Equatoria’s disgruntled politicians return to work

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • South Sudan parties unable to control forces — monitors
  • Western Equatoria’s disgruntled politicians return to work

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.