• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Economist Peter Biar says Kiir, Machar will be sent home in 2023

South Sudanese activist and economist Peter Biar Ajak has urged the region and the international community to provide the badly needed security to protect voters during the general elections slated for end of the transitional period in 2023 so that they elect an alternative leader.

February 8, 2022
Reading Time: 3 mins read

South Sudan economist Peter Biar Ajak speaking before US Senate Foreign Relations Committee [Photo via NowThis]
South Sudan economist Peter Biar Ajak speaking before US Senate Foreign Relations Committee [Photo via NowThis]
JUBA – South Sudanese activist and economist Peter Biar Ajak has urged the region and the international community to provide the badly needed security to protect voters during the general elections slated for end of the transitional period in 2023 so that they elect an alternative leader.

In an interview with the Kenya-based KTN News, Biar said the people of South Sudan are tired of President Salva Kiir and his first deputy Dr. Riek Machar Teny who refused to retire during the last year’s demand by People’s Coalition for Civil Actions.

“Last year, the people of South Sudan said that they are tired of Riek Machar and Salva Kiir and that these people should go home,” the outspoken South Sudanese economist and activist said.

“They refused to listen, and now elections are coming in 2023, we want the region and the UN to provide security so that we send them home once and for all,” Biar added.

The remarks by Peter Biar comes a week after a US senator called President Kiir and Machar warlords who have created an ethnic conflict and bloodshed against their people in the quest for power.

The US senator urged the two men to resign and give their people a chance to choose their leader, but President Kiir and FVP Machar have rejected the US senator’s suggestion saying they have rights to continue.

Kiir and Machar have also deferred over when, and how to organize the elections. Kiir has asserted that elections will take place in 2023 even without a population census.

Machar says he won’t accept to participate in that election unless the security arrangements provisions provided for in the revitalized peace agreement is completed so that a unified security sector is created to provide security to the polls.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan main armed opposition commander General Tito Biel Wich. [Photo via Facebook]

Gen. Biel threatens to attack Bentiu over ‘unnecessary provocations’  

South Sudan first vice president and SPLM-IO leader Dr. Riek Machar (L), and Mabior Garang de'Mabior hold a press conference on July 8, 2015 in Nairobi [Photo via Getty Images]

Machar ‘responsible for frustrating’ peace process – Mabior Garang  

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Gen. Biel threatens to attack Bentiu over ‘unnecessary provocations’  
  • Machar ‘responsible for frustrating’ peace process – Mabior Garang  

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.