• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Ex-Sudanese premier Abdallah Hamdok demands reinstatement

"The situation must be restored to what it was on October 24."

SUDANS POST EDITORS by SUDANS POST EDITORS
November 2, 2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read

Sudanese PM and IGAD chairman Abdallah Hamdok [Photo by SUNA]
Sudanese PM and IGAD chairman Abdallah Hamdok [Photo by SUNA]
JUBA – Former Sudanese Prime Minister Abdallah Hamdok has demanded his immediate reinstatement along with his government saying the decision by the military to remove him was unconstitutional.

Last week, the head of the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF), General Abdelfattah al Burhan declared a statement of emergency, dissolved the transitional coalition government, before dissolving the transitional sovereign council.

In a statement, Hamdok’s office said the former prime minister met6 a delegation comprising ambassadors of the United States, the United Kingdom and Norway in Khartoum at his residence where he remains under effective house arrest.

“Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok met, at his house where is being detained today, with the ambassadors of the Troika countries (the United States, the United Kingdom, and Norway) accredited to Sudan,” Hamdok’s office said in the statement.

“The Prime Minister adhered to the legitimacy of his government and the transitional institutions, considering that the release of the ministers and the practice of the Council of Ministers with its full membership for its work is an approach to resolving the crisis,” the statement added.

The Sudanese politician said he “will not be a party to any arrangements in accordance with the coup decisions issued on October 25. The situation must be restored to what it was on October 24.”

“During the meeting, the Prime Minister expressed his thanks to the Troika countries for their continued support for the people of Sudan and for their recognition of the legitimacy of the transitional government, and for describing the unconstitutional decisions issued by the army commander in the coup as a correct description,” the statement added.

According to the statement, the Troika ambassadors “informed the Prime Minister of the arrival of the US Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa, Jeffrey Feltman, to Khartoum at dawn on Tuesday, 2 November, to continue efforts to defuse the crisis.”

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Mabior Garang speaking to journalists at Juba airport before departure to Nairobi, Kenya, on November 3, 2021. [Photo by Sudans Post]

Mabior Garang, delegation fly back to Kenya after ‘successful’ mission to Juba

South Sudan's map featuring Jonglei state in red. [Photo via Wikipedia]

BREAKING | 3 children, 7 others wounded in grenade blast at abandoned school in Ayod

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Mabior Garang, delegation fly back to Kenya after ‘successful’ mission to Juba
  • BREAKING | 3 children, 7 others wounded in grenade blast at abandoned school in Ayod

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.