• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Monday, August 16, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Fighting erupts near Magenis as Machar-allied forces attack Gen. Gatwech

Fierce fighting has erupted again this morning at near Kitgwang, Magenis, after Sudan People's Liberation Army in Opposition (SPLA-IO) forces allied to First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny attempted to retake General Simon Gatwech Dual's headquarters, opposition spokesman allied to General Gatwech says.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
August 16, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read
South Sudan army soldiers in unidentified area in Central Equatoria state (Photo by REUTERS)
South Sudan army soldiers in unidentified area in Central Equatoria state (Photo by REUTERS)

JUBA – Fierce fighting has erupted again this morning at Kitgwang, Magenis after opposition Sudan People’s Liberation Army in Opposition (SPLA-IO) forces allied to First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny attempted to retake General Simon Gatwech Dual’s headquarters, opposition spokesman allied to General Gatwech says.

“The SPLA (IO) Military unit at “Tabaldi” 25k from (Kit-Gwang) Magenis has heavily attacked right now by the forces loyal to the former Chairman Dr. Riek Machar, despite the ceasefire that he had claimed three (3) days ago,” Brigadier General William Gatjiath Deng said in a statement extended to Sudans Post.

This is not the first time the fighting erupted between the two rival factions of the main armed opposition group. Last week, General Simon Gatwech and Machar’s factions exchanged barbs for attacking each other in a fierce fighting that resulted in the killing of at least 34 people.

Later on, an understanding was reached between the two leaders leading to a ceasefire that was confirmed by both Machar and Gatwech’s offices.

In the statement issued this morning, General Gatjiath said thir forces were first attacked in an attempt by Machar’s Tiger Battalion to retake Magenis, but said the attempt could not be successful as they were prepared and said the attack ends the ceasefire agreement verbally signed by Machar and Gen. Gatwech.

“The SPLA (IO) fighters under the command of the interim Chairman and Commander in Chief (C-in-C) General Simon Gatwech Dual repulsed the enemy after the artillery units and the ground forces responded with excessive force and completely disarrayed the enemy and they are on the run now, as I am reporting,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

General Stephen Buay Rolnyang [Photo via Facebook]

General Buay Rolnyang divides South Sudan into 2 fronts to ease power-sharing

August 16, 2021
Acting SPLA-IO military chief Gen. Gabriel Duop Lam. [Photo via JDB]

Gen. Duop Lam says SPLM-IO won’t be ‘deterred or shaken’ by Kitgwang declaration

August 16, 2021

Comments 1

  1. Gol Bol says:
    21 hours ago

    “BREAKING | Fighting erupts near Magenis as Machar-allied forces attack Gen. Gatwech”

    Take it easy young boys, those AK47 are not what we will used to bomb our enemies out of our country and our backs once for all. Our mighty SPLM/A had used that AK47 and other heavy machine guns to blitz our cloned so-called our of country, they have not gone anywhere though fellows. They are still in Kiirtoum (Khartoum), some parts of Abesh (so-called ethiopia), Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Tel Avive (so-called israel)—they are not direct enemies for now, since piece of trash, Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu has gone.

    Our real enemies are read these young boys; our real enemies are: us, South Sudanese, the US, the devil infested Island of England, some of their lackeys here in IGAD, the African Union (the AU), the UN, its NGOs, the UNMISS mercenaries of Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Nepalese, Sri Lankans, Roman Catholics and others bullshits in between.

    Our country is where the so-called ‘Western civilization’ is going o be destroyed once and for all. Victorious are us. But vermins/parasites/viruses don’t listen. But when you bomb them later, then they run out ‘trenches and cry babies’. Arabs have been doing cheap and dirty intrigues. Yes, Mr. Riek Machar, Lam Akol, Aduok Nyabe, Uyai Deng Ajak, Pagan Amum, Rebecca Nyandeng, Majak Agoot Thomas Cirillo and other low level South Sudanese of Mr. Remember me.

    Have played games with South Sudanese people, facts are to be told. South Sudanese people are 100% egalitarian people, everything is done open for everybody. Mr. Salva Kiir is always accused to be the most corrupt man in South Sudan. Well, I am not sure he is very corrupt. Many South Sudanese don’t know, if some of oil proceeds were not used to weapons from other countries, our cloned so-called would have just ‘rolled over and said the 2011, referendum of which over 98% South Sudanese people voted for independence, would have been null and void in our kiirtoum (Khartoum)’. Every South Sudanese knows all these.

    Salva Kiir let our country and our people bullied by some rubbishes here here in the region whom we can just walk over and in a week pee.

    But Mr. Salva Kiir is given leeway, because he took up arms as tiny boy like us ‘Kɔc thith (Red Arm/Jesh Amer) duing Anya nya one’.

    He took up arms again during our mighty SPLM/A and he was ‘Kɔc col (chol) black army/jesh el Aswuat’. Go to schools, we may called you when very hard to get rid of these vermins/parasites/viruses>>>>

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Opinion | How Kuol Manyang is using Red Army Foundation to propel him to SPLM Secretary General
  • General Buay Rolnyang divides South Sudan into 2 fronts to ease power-sharing

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.