• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Friday, November 8, 2024
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Four killed, three injured in Nyirol revenge killing

Speaking to Sudans Post on Friday, Jonglei State Minister for Information Nyamar Lony Thichot said the conflict was a revenge killing that led to the deaths of the four individuals.

by Sudans Post
November 1, 2024

South Sudan's map featuring Jonglei state in red. [Photo via Wikipedia]
South Sudan’s map featuring Jonglei state in red. [Photo via Wikipedia]
BOR – Authorities in South Sudan’s Jonglei state report that four people were killed and three others injured in fatal revenge clashes between the Cie-Pual and Cie-Khertut sections of the Cie-Dumin community in Nyirol County.

The killings occurred Wednesday in Lankien, the headquarters of Nyirol County in Jonglei state.

Speaking to Sudans Post on Friday, Jonglei State Minister for Information Nyamar Lony Thichot said the conflict was a revenge killing that led to the deaths of the four individuals.

“There was a person murdered in August by members of the Cie-Dumin community; he was from Cie-Pual. On October 29, the brother of the person murdered in August came to Lankien and, upon seeing the brother of the person who killed his sibling, immediately shot and killed him on the spot,” she said.

“The casualties were four dead and three injured during the fight,” she added.

Lony said the fighting quickly escalated between the two communities, resulting in further deaths. She said state authorities are working to calm the situation between the groups.

She urged citizens not to take the law into their own hands, adding that state authorities had already arrested the original murder suspect from the August killing.

“The authorities immediately took action, and blood compensation was made to the family of the person killed in August. They thought the situation was calm, that the case was addressed, and that there would be no further revenge,” Lony said.

/wp-content/uploads/2024/11/Minister-Nyamar-Lony-mp3cut.net_.mp3

“Revenge killing is just senseless killing that is not going to help our communities—certainly not for development or peace,” she added. “If you look at revenge killing, it’s just ending up taking the life of someone who may not even be responsible for what happened.”

Minister Lony said county authorities are searching for the man responsible for the latest deaths after his act of revenge.

“When he fired the first shot and killed that person, he immediately ran away, but the commissioner is searching for him so he can be arrested and held accountable for bringing this chaos to the town,” Lony said.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post footer logo

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Church urges holdout groups to join peace efforts
  • Trump defeats Harris to become 47th U.S. president in decisive comeback

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.