• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Monday, October 3, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Gen. Gatwech says Olony attacked Machar ‘not me’

South Sudan opposition commander and leader of the breakaway SPLA-IO Kitgwang faction General Simon Gatwech Dual has condemned its implication in the attack which he said was carried out by Agwelek faction of General Johnson Olony on the SPLA-IO forces at Atar.

2 days ago
Reading Time: 3 mins read

General Simon Gatwech Dual [Photo from a screen grab from YouTube]
General Simon Gatwech Dual [Photo from a screen grab from YouTube]
KHARTOUM – South Sudan opposition commander and leader of the breakaway SPLA-IO Kitgwang faction General Simon Gatwech Dual has condemned its implication in the attack which he said was carried out by Agwelek faction of General Johnson Olony on the SPLA-IO forces at Atar.

In a statement yesterday, SPLA-IO spokesman Col. Lam Paul Gabriel said SPLA-IO Kitgwang forces had attacked their positions on Thursday by shelling their base and also targeting areas where there is a huge civilian population.

In reaction, Gatwech’s group said in a statement that his forces are not responsible for the attack on SPLA-IO base, but accused Gen. Johnson Olony’s forces of carrying out the attack which he said he has no idea of.

“The office of the Spokesperson of SPLA-IO Kitgwang Declaration condemns the press release issued by Col. Lam Paul Gabriel, the spokesperson of none Unified SPLA-IO forces of Riek Machar for referring the SPLA-IO Kitgwang Declaration as ‘negative forces’,” the statement signed by the SPLA-IO Kitgwang spokesman Brig. Gen. Alfred Gach reads in part.

“The statement from Col. Lam Paul Gabriel if his intention is to referred to Agwelek Division forces under Gen. Johnson Olony, then he contradicted himself from his previous press release dated 18/ 08/ 2022 when he referred the forces which attacked their position in diel and Phom- El zeraf last month as Agwelek division forces under Gen. Johnson Olony and what prompted him to that reference generalization term?” he asked.

“In regards of yesterday attack in Diel and its surrounding, the Agwelek Division forces under Gen. Johnson Olony are responsible for the attacks and the SPLA-IO KD position in Tunja is normal,” the statement concluded.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Unity State Governor Nguen Manytuil speaking to journalists following defection of Machar allies in Juba on Friday, September 30th 2022. [Photo Courtesy]

Hundreds of Machar’s allies join Kiir in Unity State

South Sudan soldiers spotted entering South Sudan's capital Juba despite peace deal which provides that act [Photo via Al Jazeera English]

South Sudan rebels, gov’t forces clash in Western Equatoria

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Hundreds of Machar’s allies join Kiir in Unity State
  • South Sudan rebels, gov’t forces clash in Western Equatoria

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.