• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Monday, April 24, 2023
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Gen. Olony joins Kiir’s party, to arrive in Juba this week

They are expected to arrive in Juba this week.

1 day ago
Reading Time: 3 mins read

Gen. Johnson Olony gestures at a function declaring his joining of the SPLM party under Kiir in Fashoda, Upper Nile state. [Photo couetesy]
Gen. Johnson Olony gestures at a function declaring his joining of the SPLM party under Kiir in Fashoda, Upper Nile state. [Photo couetesy]
JUBA, APRIL 23, 2023 (SUDANS POST) –  South Sudan opposition commander Gen. Johnson Olony, leader of the Agwelek faction, and his deputy General Thomas Mabor Dhol have officially declared their allegiance to the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM) under President Salva Kiir Mayardit.

They are expected to arrive in Juba this week.

General Olony had signed a deal with the government in January last year but later split from the SPLM-IO Kitgwang faction led by General Simon Gatwech Dual, which sparked fighting between his forces and those of General Dual.

In an exclusive interview with Sudans Post this morning, a senior member of the Agwelek faction stated that a team of security guards belonging to General Johnson Olony has already arrived in Juba from Upper Nile in preparation for his arrival.

“We have decided to officially join the SPLM because we believe it is the best path to bring peace and stability to our country,” said the opposition allied to Olony in Juba.

“That’s why Gen. Johnson Olony is expected in Juba with the arrival of his bodyguards who are already here with us and therefore he and General Thomas Mabor will come to Juba anytime this week and we are happy that peace has returned to South Sudan,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Deng Dau Deng speaks during the opening one-day Tukul talk conference held in Juba on Tuesday, Feb. 7th, 2023 [Photo by Sudans Post]

South Sudan says situation not yet safe for president to travel to Khartoum

General Mohamed Hamdan Daglo, Sudan's deputy head of the Transitional Military Council and commander of RSF. [Photo by Reuters]

Hemedti’s political aide refers to Hamas as ‘terrorist organization’ during interview on Israeli TV

Comments 3

  1. miaker joseph says:
    1 day ago

    There is no other round were by people can go to accept Juba ,because all way are close up ,if you miss this chance no other chance for you.

    Reply
  2. Simon Geah says:
    1 day ago

    He was the cause of instability in Upernile. Now the people Upernile will live peacefully. Good win from the government.

    Reply
  3. Mabek says:
    11 hours ago

    people will be playing with other people lives. after all, they rejoin the same government they accused of wrong doings. what have changed then? nothing.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • South Sudan says situation not yet safe for president to travel to Khartoum
  • Hemedti’s political aide refers to Hamas as ‘terrorist organization’ during interview on Israeli TV

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.