• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Monday, December 12, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Gov’t official claims Olony’s forces allowed by army to attack civilians in Fangak, Pigi countries

A senior government official in Upper Nile state’s capital Malakal has just told Sudans Post that forces of Agwelek rebel group led by General Johnson Olony Thabo have been given greenlight by the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) to go and attack Fangak and Pigi Counties.

2 days ago
Reading Time: 3 mins read

South Sudan soldiers spotted entering South Sudan's capital Juba despite peace deal which provides that act [Photo via Al Jazeera English]
South Sudan soldiers spotted entering South Sudan’s capital Juba despite peace deal which provides that act [Photo via Al Jazeera English]
JUBA – A senior government official in Upper Nile state’s capital Malakal has just told Sudans Post that forces of Agwelek rebel group led by General Johnson Olony Thabo have been given greenlight by the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) to go and attack Fangak and Pigi Counties.

The government announced earlier this week that there is an ongoing operation by the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) to clear out armed youth who have crossed from neighboring Jonglei State to attack civilians in northern Upper Nile’s Shilluk Kingdom.

“I have information, a very credible one, that they have been given greenlight by the SSPDF to go and attack civilians or SPLA-IO bases in Fangak and Pigi Counties. So, they are currently preparing in a place called Ukot and there is high probability to cross the Nile tonight,” the official said.

The officials who is a member of the main armed opposition SPLM-IO led by First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny further said he is not aware as to if the group is a part of the ongoing operations to clear out armed civilians from the Shilluk Kingdom.

“Currently yes there is an operation conducted by the SSPDF to protect civilians in the Shilluk Kingdom against attacks from armed youth from Jonglei state and the SPLA-IO is supposed to be a part of this operation but I am not sure if this the case,” he added.

“So, it is a very huge concern that the Agwelek militia is a part of this operation especially when they are allowed to cross the river Nile. So, the government need to do something if individuals in the SSPDF have allowed those militias to cross,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

SPLA-IO deputy spokesman Col. Lam Paul Gabriel speaks to media about the progress and challenges facing the transitional security arrangement in Juba on October 2, 2019. [Photo by Getty Images]

SPLA-IO denies being part of SSPDF operations against ‘White Army’ in Upper Nile

Banner of the rally before the White House. [Photo courtesy]

Economist Peter Biar to lead anti-Kiir rally in Washington

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • SPLA-IO denies being part of SSPDF operations against ‘White Army’ in Upper Nile
  • Economist Peter Biar to lead anti-Kiir rally in Washington

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.