• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Monday, September 13, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Gov’t says UNMISS mandate should include developmental projects

Speaking following a meeting with the visiting United Nations Undersecretary for Peacekeeping Operations Jean-Pierre Lacroix in Juba on Thursday,  Deng said he has spoken about the adjustment of the UNMISS mandate to include developmental projects.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
September 11, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read

South Sudan deputy minister of foreign affairs Deng Dau Deng [Photo by unknown]
South Sudan deputy minister of foreign affairs Deng Dau Deng [Photo by unknown]
JUBA – South Sudan’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Deng Dau Deng has said that the mandate of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) should include developmental projects that include agricultural development and capacity building.

Speaking following a meeting with the visiting United Nations Undersecretary for Peacekeeping Operations Jean-Pierre Lacroix in Juba on Thursday,  Deng said he has spoken about the adjustment of the UNMISS mandate to include developmental projects.

“I raised this issue of the 20 percent reduction of the forces of the UN currently deployed in South Sudan. Instead of focusing on military aspect only, people can also look at development aspect,” Dau said, according to Eye Radio.

“The force [UNMISS] can be redirected to be able to work on infrastructure, work in areas of agriculture and work in other areas in capacity building,” the senior government official further added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan President Salva Kiir Mayardit [Photo by unknown]

Kiir told ‘election is not an event’

South Sudan First Vice President and SPLM-IO chairman Dr. Riek Machar Teny speaking during the 6th SPLM/SPLA (IO) National Conference in Juba last week [Photo by Sudans Post]

Machar dispatches high-level parliamentary delegation to Sudan

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Kiir told ‘election is not an event’
  • Machar dispatches high-level parliamentary delegation to Sudan

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.