• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Kiir-Gatwech talks postponed indefinitely over Sudan protests – official

Speaking to Sudans Post this morning, a senior opposition diplomat allied to General Simon Gatwech Dual in Khartoum said they had been informed by the Sudanese government that talks between them and President Salva Kiir have been postponed until further notice owing to ongoing protests in the capital Khartoum.

SUDANS POST EDITORS by SUDANS POST EDITORS
October 21, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read

President Salva Kiir Mayardit (left) and General Simon Gatwech Dual. [Photos via Facebook]
President Salva Kiir Mayardit (left) and General Simon Gatwech Dual. [Photos via Facebook]
JUBA – The transitional government in Sudan has postponed planned peace talks between President Salva Kiir Mayardit’s government and main armed opposition Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition (SPLM-IO) faction led by former SPLA-IO military chief General Simon Gatwech Dual indefinitely, an opposition diplomat has said.

Early this month, a high-level government delegation led by President Salva Kiir’s security advisor Tutkew Gatluak Manimeh traveled to the Sudanese capital Khartoum where they met an opposition delegation led by General Simon Gatwech Dual where the two sides agreed to start talks on security arrangements provided for in the revitalized peace deal.

The Sudanese government which was mediating between the two parties upon the request of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) had stated that the talks between General Simon Gatwech’s group and President Salva Kiir Mayardit were to begin in two week’s times from October 2.

However, speaking to Sudans Post this morning, a senior opposition diplomat allied to General Simon Gatwech Dual in Khartoum said they had been informed by the Sudanese government that talks between them and President Salva Kiir have been postponed until further notice owing to ongoing protests in the capital Khartoum.

“We have been informed officially that the peace negotiations between us and the government of the Republic of South Sudan under H.E President Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan is not going to take place as planned,” the South Sudanese opposition diplomat who requested not to be named said.

“This is because there is crisis within the Sudanese government and I mean between different components of the transitional government of Sudan which has sparked protest in the country. Now they have said that because of that protest, we will not be able to hold talk until when there is possibility,” the diplomat said.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Building of Sudan News Agency in Khartoum. [Photo via Facebook]

Sudan News Agency’s building under siege since yesterday — eyewitnesses

South Sudan president, Salva Kiir Mayardit [Photo by unknown]

Kiir told to name, shame corrupt gov’t officials

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Sudan News Agency’s building under siege since yesterday — eyewitnesses
  • Kiir told to name, shame corrupt gov’t officials

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.