• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Kiir proposes moving talks with Gatwech, Olony to Juba

South Sudan President Salva Kiir Mayardit has proposed to move the talks between his government and the holdout Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition (SPLM-IO) commanders, Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual and Gen. Johnson Olony Thabo, to Juba owing to the ongoing political situation in Sudan, according to presidential security advisor Tutkew Gatluak.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
November 2, 2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read
President Salva Kiir Mayardit (left) and General Simon Gatwech Dual. [Photos via Facebook]
President Salva Kiir Mayardit (left) and General Simon Gatwech Dual. [Photos via Facebook]

JUBA — South Sudan President Salva Kiir Mayardit has proposed to move the talks between his government and the holdout Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition (SPLM-IO) commanders, Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual and Gen. Johnson Olony Thabo, to Juba owing to the ongoing political situation in Sudan, according to presidential security advisor Tutkew Gatluak.

Speaking to Sudans Post’s Nancy Abdelrahaman in Khartoum, Gatluak said they were not coming to engage in talks with Gatwech, but to engage Sudanese parties in an attempt to reach an agreement over their disagreements, but will then meet General Gatwech and Olony to inform them of the government intention to move talks to Juba.

“We are not in Sudan to continue the talk with the group of Gatwech and General Johnson Olony, we are here for the Sudanese parties to talk to them and to end their dispute,” Gatluak said.

“Nevertheless, we are also going to meet with the group of General Gatwech and General Olony because there is a proposal from the President of the State of South Sudan 1st Lt. Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit that this talk with the two generals be moved to Juba because here is not stable, I mean the security situation here,” he added.

A high-level South Sudan delegation comprising Gatluak, foreign minister, among others, is currently in the Sudanese capital Khartoum in an attempt to bring the Sudanese parties together following the ouster of the transitional government by the military.

Gatwech and Olony are in Khartoum waiting for the government of Sudan to announce date for resumption of talks on the revitalized peace agreement with President Salva Kiir Mayardit’s government.

The two men attempted to remove First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny as leader of the main armed opposition SPLM/SPLA (IO) in early August following an accusation that Machar has traded the SPLM-IO security reform agenda for First Vice President position.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan First Vice President and SPLM-IO chairman Dr. Riek Machar Teny speaking during the 6th SPLM/SPLA (IO) National Conference in Juba last week [Photo by Sudans Post]

South Sudan’s Machar revokes Gen. Gatwech’s nomination for presidential advisor

President Salva Kiir and First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny speaking to the press in February 2020 ahead of the dissolution of the former incumbent TGoNU [Photo via Radio Tamazuj]

Kiir, Machar rejects IGAD proposal to end deadlock on unified army command – official

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • South Sudan’s Machar revokes Gen. Gatwech’s nomination for presidential advisor
  • Kiir, Machar rejects IGAD proposal to end deadlock on unified army command – official

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.