• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Machar dismisses Odwar from SPLM-IO over support for Kitgwang faction

In a communique following a meeting of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition’s Political Bureau, Machar said Odwar and other senior opposition figures who joined the Kitgwang faction have automatically lost their member of the SPLM-IO.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
August 14, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read
South Sudan First Vice President and SPLM-IO chairman Dr. Riek Machar Teny speaking during the 6th SPLM/SPLA (IO) National Conference in Juba last week [Photo by Sudans Post]
South Sudan First Vice President and SPLM-IO chairman Dr. Riek Machar Teny speaking during the 6th SPLM/SPLA (IO) National Conference in Juba last week [Photo by Sudans Post]

JUBA — South Sudan’s main armed opposition leader and First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny has said that his deputy Henry Odwar who resigned as minister of mining and subsequently declared support for the Kitgwang faction has lost membership of the SPLM-IO.

This week, Henry Odwar resigned in a brief letter to President Salva Kiir Mayardit and then declared his support for the break away faction of SPLM-IO Kitgwang led by former SPLM-IO chief of staff General Simon Gatwech Dual saying PLM-IO has ceased to be an opposition group under Machar and has instead surrendered to the regime in Juba.

In a communique following a meeting of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition’s Political Bureau, Machar said Odwar and other senior opposition figures who joined the Kitgwang faction have automatically lost their member of the SPLM-IO.

The communique said the Political Bureau “Accepted the resignation of Hon. Henry D. Odwar as Minister of Mining for health reasons [and] acknowledged the decision of those members including Mr. Henry D. Odwar, Mr. Goi Jooyul, Mr. Manasseh Zindo and others who supported the Kit Gwang Declaration and as such they have lost their membership per the SPLM (IO) Constitution.”

It further said that the meeting resolved to encourage “the continuation of peaceful contacts with the Kit Gwang group.”

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Deng Bol Arua, the Chairman of the Red Army Foundation. [Photo by Dolku media]

DEVELOPING | Red Army Foundation to make ‘major declaration’ against ruling party

August 15, 2021
SPLM-IO member of National Liberation Council Dut Majokdit (right) gesture as he sits near SPLM-IO leader and First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny (left) in Juba [Photo via Facebook]

Machar official dismiss SPLM-IO split as ‘propaganda to cause confusion’

August 15, 2021

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • DEVELOPING | Red Army Foundation to make ‘major declaration’ against ruling party
  • Machar official dismiss SPLM-IO split as ‘propaganda to cause confusion’

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.