• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Machar says Gatwech, Olony now part of government

South Sudan's First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny on Monday last week sent a circular to all SPLA-IO forces declaring the breakaway SPLA-IO Kitgwang faction has become a part of the South Sudan People's Defense Forces (SSPDF).

January 24, 2022
Reading Time: 4 mins read

South Sudan's then rebel leader Dr. Riek Machar talks to his men in a rebel-controlled territory in Jonglei State January 31, 2014. [Photo by Goran Tomasevic/REUTERS]
South Sudan’s then rebel leader Dr. Riek Machar talks to his men in a rebel-controlled territory in Jonglei State January 31, 2014. [Photo by Goran Tomasevic/REUTERS]
JUBA – South Sudan’s First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny on Monday last week sent a circular to all SPLA-IO forces declaring the breakaway SPLA-IO Kitgwang faction has become a part of the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF).

This comes after General Simon Gatwech Dual, the leader of the Kitgwang faction, and General Johnson Olony Thabo, the leader of the Agwelek forces, signed agreements with President Salva Kiir Mayardit’s government paving way for the integration of their forces into the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces.

In the circular, Machar urged his forces to cease all hostility with General Gatwech’s forces because, according to him, he has become a part of the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces which is a peace partner to the main armed opposition.

“The Kit Gwang group has signed on January 16, 2022, in Khartoum, a defection agreement to SSPDF and SPLM-IG called ‘Khartoum Peace Agreement’, the agreement is written in two documents namely: 1. Agreement between the Sudan Peoples’ Movement in Government (SPLM-IG) and the Sudan Peoples’ Liberation Movement/Army-in Opposition (SPLM/A-IO) Kit Gwang on status of forces; and 2. Khartoum Peace Agreement (KPA) between the Sudan Peoples’ Liberation Movement-in Government and Agwelek Forces,” Machar wrote.

“By this agreement, Kit Gwang has joined SSPDF and SPLM-IG, and forces of Kit Gwang group are now part of SSPDF. As such, SPLM/SPLA-IO forces are to disengage and ceasefire with Kit Gwang forces, just like the currently existing ceasefire between the SPLM/SPLA (IO) and the SSPDF as per the Khartoum Declaration of Agreement of 27 June 2018 which came into effect on 1 July 2018,” he added.

He also ordered his forces to secure navigation on the White Nile.

For his part, Puok Both Baluang, the SPLM-IO director of information and acting spokesman for first vice president, confirmed Machar’s message to all his SPLA-IO units and said they remain committed to implementing the revitalized peace agreement.

“This is an internal communication to our forces after the Kit Gwang group signed an agreement to join the SPLM-IG and SSPDF last Sunday in Khartoum,” Both said, according to Radio Tamazuj.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan deputy minister of foreign affairs Deng Dau Deng [Photo by unknown]

South Sudan diplomat says foreigners stealing natural resources

Foreign Minister of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Faisal Bin Farhan al Saud (right) meeting his South Sudanese counterpart Mayiik Ayii Deng in Riyadh on Monday, January 24, 2022. [Photo by foreign ministry of South Sudan]

South Sudan, Saudi Arabia sign 9-article cooperation agreement

Comments 1

  1. Chuol Gatdin Wichluoth says:
    2 days ago

    This is very importance Idea Dr. Machar

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • South Sudan diplomat says foreigners stealing natural resources
  • South Sudan, Saudi Arabia sign 9-article cooperation agreement

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.