• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Machar’s office confirms it is behind businessman Thalage’s arrest

South Sudan's First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny is behind the detention of businessman and former SPLM-IO member Thalage Wal Goch, Machar's Acting Press Secretary Puok Both Baluang has told Sudans Post.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
August 24, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read

Businessman Thalage Wal Goch seen at a local jail in Juba. [Photo via Facebook]
Businessman Thalage Wal Goch seen at a local jail in Juba. [Photo via Facebook]
JUBA – South Sudan’s First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny is behind the detention of businessman and former SPLM-IO member Thalage Wal Goch, Machar’s Acting Press Secretary Puok Both Baluang has told Sudans Post.

Thalage is a former member of the SPLM-IO who defected earlier last year with the group’s former deputy chief of staff for administration and finance. He is also alleged to be a wealthy businessman.

Last week, he accused Machar of defaulting on loan saying the First Vice President borrowed money from him between 2014 and 2016 when fighting erupted for the second time in the capital Juba.

Yesterday, he was arrested and his family immediately issued a statement accusing Machar of standing behind their son’s arrest by member of the police. The family warned that whatever problem that Thalage get in the detention would be accounted on Machar.

When contacted by Sudans Post, Puok Both Baluang, confirmed to Sudans Post that Thalage was arrested following a lawsuit against him by Machar for defamatory remarks on social media and saying “he is in the police custody.”

He defended Machar’s actions saying the First Vice President and prominent opposition leader was acting within the legal context.

“Dr. Machar has exercised his righ as citizen of South Sudan to file a legal case seeking justice against someone wronged him.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Governor of Northern Bahr el Ghazal state Tong Aken Ngor. [Photo by William Akuei/YouTube]

Governor Tong Akeen detains police officer for ‘not doing anything’ comments

August 25, 2021
South Sudan map featuring Western Equatoria state. [Photo via Wikipedia]

SPLA-IO behind ongoing killings in Tambura – gov’t official

August 25, 2021

Comments 1

  1. Aduol Liet says:
    1 day ago

    I am very sorry to see this business man is sitting at the dirtiest room that would possibly give him sickness. The man was asking first vice President Riek Machar Teny to make his repayment for what he took somewhere when they were in the Bushes fighting against government.

    The Nuers people have a very rights to disowning Dr. Riek Machar Teny because he turned against them while, they have been protected him since 1991 to 2018. I feel sorry for the business man to be arrested just because he has no power and it was his right to asked the first vice President Riek Machar to make repayment. Why denying the fact, he took money from this man. Machar is not care about Nuers people anymore but he doesn’t know what went around may come around later. Let us pray for this business man for his safety concerns.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Governor Tong Akeen detains police officer for ‘not doing anything’ comments
  • SPLA-IO behind ongoing killings in Tambura – gov’t official

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.