• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Monday, September 27, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Malong disowns rebel officers who defected to Machar last week

South Sudan's holdout opposition South Sudan United Front/Army (SSUF/A) led by former army chief, Gen. Paul Malong Awan, has dismissed as unfounded that senior rebel officers who defected to Machar last week in Cairo are its members.

SUDANS POST EDITORS by SUDANS POST EDITORS
September 25, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read

South Sudan former army chief an leader of South Sudan United Front/Army - SSUF/A, General Paul Malong Awan speaking to the press in 2016 in Juba [Photo by unknown]
South Sudan former army chief an leader of South Sudan United Front/Army – SSUF/A, General Paul Malong Awan speaking to the press in 2016 in Juba [Photo by unknown]
JUBA – South Sudan’s holdout opposition South Sudan United Front/Army (SSUF/A) led by former army chief, Gen. Paul Malong Awan, has dismissed as unfounded that senior rebel officers who defected to Machar last week in Cairo are its members.

Last week, at least ten senior opposition officers who said they belong to the Malong-led movement declared their intention to join the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition (SPLM/A-IO)

In a statement extended to Sudans Post, Major Philip Deng Kuol Nguot, deputy spokesman of the Malong-led rebel group said the rebel officers who declare their defection to Machar in Cairo last week are not in their record don’t have the name of the officers in their record.

“The office of the SSUF/A Deputy Military Spokesperson would like to optimistically dismisses those unfounded names which never been our members as they claimed,” Kuol said in the statement.

“Those are an individual’s in the tea stalls in Cairo who master-minded to be the SSUF/A partisans that would give them more respects from wherever they’re heading to as a plan,” the statement added.

The statement further said that “SSUF/A has a well-known Generals at the Headquarters and those on their deployments on the ground in South Sudan.”

“The office of the SSUF/A Deputy Military Spokesperson enlightens the general public and our supporters to ignore those trending names on social media just as a seeking financial mechanism personnel,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Minister of Information Telecommunication and Postal Services, Michael Makuei addresses media at the ministry’s conference hall on Tuesday January 16, 2021 [Photo by City Review]

South Sudan agrees to waive visa restrictions for Ugandan

South Sudan First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny receiving second coronavirus vaccine jab in Juba on June 2, 2021. [Photo by FVP's office]

AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to finish in 4 days – government

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • South Sudan agrees to waive visa restrictions for Ugandan
  • Opinion | The importance of consultative approach in enhancing leadership: A message to Governor Gen. Rin Tueny Mabor of Lakes

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.