• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Monday, January 31, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Olony expected in Juba ‘soon’, Agwelek advance team leader says

In an interview with Radio Tamazuj, the head of the Agwelek Division advance delegation in Juba, General Paul Achut Nyibek, said Olony will return to Juba soon, without giving a timeline for the opposition leader's return.

January 29, 2022
Reading Time: 3 mins read

General Johnson Olony Thabo [Photo via Radio Tamazuj]
General Johnson Olony Thabo [Photo via Radio Tamazuj]
JUBA – South Sudan opposition commander and chairman of the Agwelek forces General Johnson Olony Thabo is expected in the country’s capital Juba soon, according to the head of the Agwelek advance team in Juba.

Earlier this month, General Olony and leader of the breakaway SPLM-IO Kitgwang faction led by General Simon Gatwech Dual signed a recommitment to the security arrangements with President Salva Mayardit’s government.

The deal paved way for a planned integration of the opposition factions’ forces into South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) and an advance team for the two men arrived in Juba last week ahead of their return.

A senior opposition diplomat told Sudans Post in Khartoum this week that Olony and Gatwech won’t return to Juba soon pending a test of if the agreement with Kiir will be implemented in letter and spirit.

But in an interview with Radio Tamazuj, the head of the Agwelek Division advance delegation in Juba, General Paul Achut Nyibek, said Olony will return to Juba soon, without giving a timeline for the opposition leader’s return.

“General Johnson Olony is ready to come to Juba anytime. Especially after the general amnesty that was issued against all the Kit Gwang forces,” General Nyibek said on Thursday.

“So we are here to prepare the way for him to return. As much as we implement this agreement, General Olony will be coming soon to Juba,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Warrap state governor Aleu Ayieny leaving Juba for Kuajok on Friday, February 26, 2020. [Photo via Facebook]

Warrap gov’t collects SSP39 millions, $99,000 in non-oil revenues

South Sudan Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources, Manawa Peter Gatkuoth addressing journalists in Juba on Wednesday, 24 November 2021 [Photo by Awan Achiek/Sudans Post]

South Sudan’s irrigation minister in Uganda for 2-day state visit

Comments 1

  1. Philip deng says:
    2 days ago

    that is not the peace we embrace though sign in heaven because it talks of chollo land protection as the cause of taking arms against government of south sudan

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Warrap gov’t collects SSP39 millions, $99,000 in non-oil revenues
  • South Sudan’s irrigation minister in Uganda for 2-day state visit

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.