• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Pagan, Cirilo, Malong and Ajawin hold Kiir responsible for Upper Nile violence

South Sudan’s holdout opposition alliance, the National Consensus Forum (NCF), has condemned the ongoing conflict in Upper Nile state and said it holds President Salva Kiir Mayardit’s government responsible for the ethnic violence that has resulted in the killing of hundreds of innocent civilians in the oil-rich state.

3 days ago
Reading Time: 5 mins read

Gen. Parom Angui Othow addressing Agwelek forces in an area in northern Upper Nile state. [Photo courtesy]
Gen. Parom Angui Othow addressing Agwelek forces in an area in northern Upper Nile state. [Photo courtesy]
JUBA – South Sudan’s holdout opposition alliance, the National Consensus Forum (NCF), has condemned the ongoing conflict in Upper Nile state and said it holds President Salva Kiir Mayardit’s government responsible for the ethnic violence that has resulted in the killing of hundreds of innocent civilians in the oil-rich state.

Armed youth from neighboring Jonglei State had crossed the Nile and have been roaming in several parts of the Shilluk Kingdom in Upper Nile state killing and displacing civilians with a local government official earlier this month putting the death toll at 3000 civilians, a claim that Sudans Post could not immediately verify.

In a statement, the NCF condemned the violence and called on the armed civilians as well as everyone involved to immediately cease the carnage which it said is being engineered by the central government in Juba and those of the states of Upper Nile and Jonglei.

“NCF condemns in the strongest terms possible, the unnecessary loss of lives of innocent citizens. We call on the armed civilians, the militia, and all involved in the killing spree to stop what they are doing immediately,” the group said in the statement extended to Sudans Post.

“It is not in our national interest as one people, to wage manipulated inter-communal violence against each other at the behest of the government or rogue elements in the government. We need each other now and will always need each other to save our country from disintegration and total collapse,” the statement added.

The statement further appealed “to all peace-loving people of South Sudan to avoid falling into such traps of the instigation of the blood thirsty corrupt, Juba, Bor and Malakal authorities. All the citizens of South Sudan who respect and cherish basic human rights, cannot follow the destructive policies of a dying regime. We also appeal to humanitarian organizations in the region to step in and assist the displaced with whatever possible food, non-food items, medicines, and protection.”

The group that comprises Real SPLM under Gen. Pagan Amum, NAS under Gen. Thomas Cirilo Swaka, SSUF/A under Gen. Paul Malong Awan, and NDM faction under Emmanuel Ajawin says it hold Kiir’s government responsible for the violence and urged community and religious leaders to initiate dialogue to prevent the situation from spiraling out of hand more than it is currently.

“Similarly, we hold accountable both the state and national authorities and leaders in failing in their primary duty of protecting their own citizens. The NCF believes in the peaceful co-existence of all South Sudanese Communities. Therefore, we would like to urge and encourage all the Faith-based Leaders, Community Leaders, and elders to immediately initiate Dialogue and Reconciliation in all the affected areas,” the statement said.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Abraham Chol speaks to journalists from inside a police truck. [Photo by Sudans Post]

BREAKING | Abraham Chol sentenced to over 2.5 years in jail for ‘insulting” Kiir

South Sudan activist Edmund Yakani. [Photo courtesy]

Watchdog says ‘power-hungry’ politicians to blame for suffering not God

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • BREAKING | Abraham Chol sentenced to over 2.5 years in jail for ‘insulting” Kiir
  • Watchdog says ‘power-hungry’ politicians to blame for suffering not God

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.