• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Rebels to boycott Rome talks after killing of senior opposition commander in Uganda – official

Speaking to Sudans Post on Monday morning, SSOMA's Secretary-General Emmanuel Ajawin said the holdout opposition alliance have informed the Rome mediation that it won't take part in the scheduled round of talks following the killing of General Wani.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
May 2, 2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read

South Sudan parties meeting in Rome, Italy, on October 12, 2020 [Photo by Sudans Post]
South Sudan parties meeting in Rome, Italy, on October 12, 2020 [Photo by Sudans Post]
JUBA – South Sudan holdout opposition groups making up the South Sudan Opposition Movements Alliance (SSOMA) led by General Thomas Cirilo will not participate in the next round of talks scheduled for Saturday following the killing of a senior opposition commander in Uganda last month, according to an opposition official.

General Abraham Wani is a former deputy governor of the defunct Yei River state and a current member of the holdout opposition South Sudan National Movement for Change faction.

He defected to join the main armed opposition group, SPLM-IO, led by current South Sudan First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny, before joining the South Sudan National Movement for Change led by Joseph Bokosoro at the time.

He however remained with the other SSNMC faction when the opposition group split during the negotiation of the revitalized peace agreement in the Sudanese capital Khartoum.

He succumbed to wounds in Kampala on April 22 following an attack on April 20 by unidentified men

Speaking to Sudans Post on Monday morning, SSOMA’s Secretary-General Emmanuel Ajawin said the holdout opposition alliance have informed the Rome mediation that it won’t take part in the scheduled round of talks following the killing of General Wani.

“Yes SSOMA-LC has written officially to SANT’EGIDIO expressing our disquiet regarding the politically motivated assassination of Gen. Abraham Wana,” Ajawin told Sudans Post in when contacted over the resumption of talks.

“As a result SSOMA will not engage with the government’s delegation in the coming peace talks that was scheduled for the 8th April,” he added.

According to preliminary investigation by Ugandan police, the murderers of General Wani spoke Arabic and some local languages commonly used in South Sudan.

Uganda police spokesperson, Fred Enangaalso, said the late opposition commander had complained that he started receiving threats from South Sudan government in 2018 after a group of unidentified South Sudanese visited his residence in Nansana in Wakiso district looking for him in vain.

“In 2018, he claimed that assassins had been sent to kill him at Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement Camp and this was the matter that was taken over by the Office of the Prime Minister in Uganda and United Nations agencies,” Enanga said.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

General Stephen Buay Rolnyang (right) posting with Malong following a meeting today in Nairobi [Photo courtesy]

General Stephen Buay appointed secretary of defense of Malong-led opposition group

May 5, 2021
UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General in South Sudan Nicolas Haysom (left) meeting President Salva Kiir Mayardit at the state house J-1 in Juba on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 [Photo by the presidency]

Kiir meets newly-appointed UNMISS boss

May 5, 2021

Comments 1

  1. Ghol Bol says:
    3 days ago

    “Rebels to boycott Rome talks after killing of senior opposition commander in Uganda – official”

    Let the low lives bring *the evil white Americans, their evil white English people, their UN, their sleazy NGOs, their cloned so-called Arabs of North Sudan, some of their Bantuses, their Abeshas (so-called ethiopians) prostitutes, their evil juus (so-called israelis) attack dogs; their Indians, Pakistanis, Nepalese, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans and some of their creeps in between always think, they can always other people and their countries as their *blackmails and negotiations* to crawl their evils selves into other people’s countries and people*.

    Where is Ms. Priiti Patel prostitute, to help her own Indian criminals? She no where to be seen fool lowly informed South Sudanese fools.

    Ms. Priti Patel is now working for her English masters or the UK. Her parents came and be kicked out by Mr. Idda Amin Dada after he went and fought in *Korean War as a British mercenary*.

    And when he came back to *Uganda, he came and kicked out the evils Indians, Pakistanis, Nepalese, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans, the evil white Americans, white English people and some of their creepy Asians in between who have attached themselves to our country and over our people like leeches/ticks*

    A very bad war is here our lowly informed South Sudanese fools. The so-called *AFRICAN UNITY and REGIONAL INTEGRATION* being propagated over *our country and over our people*. Piece of trashes are not going to pass over South Sudan and the South Sudanese people, not then, not today and not in future.

    Read these link our lowly informed South Sudanese fools: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiH6r-unq3wAhWGxDgGHdrCBX8QFjASegQICRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.britannica.com%2Ftopic%2FHeart-of-Darkness&usg=AOvVaw1gfa0thvg9Xee6QH257TK0

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiH6r-unq3wAhWGxDgGHdrCBX8QFjABegQIBRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHeart_of_Darkness&usg=AOvVaw0gKt8XLBCie9C1rREkEwD_

    Mr. Joseph Conrad was writing a book about *Zaire (Democratic republic of Congo)*. Mr. Patrice Lumumba, he had some *relation with us here in South Sudan’. He was killed by *the US, the UK, their UN, their sleazy NGOs, Belgium Congo, France; and their Indians, Pakistanis, Nepalese, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans and some of their creeps in between whom we don’t consider anything*

    COLD WAR is back (has never gone anywhere in the first place), with a lot *vengeance, reason, pure HATRED and RACISM*.

    ‘Our Nile valley cannot be controlled by these vermins/parasites, not today, yesteryear and not in future’. River Congo, the Bantuses and their low lives can go and play games there. But here in our Nilotic plains and valleys, the evils are wasting their damned times and our people’s times.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Opinion | Solar energy is crucial for South Sudan’s energy power
  • Opinion | Where is South Sudan’s share in the Nile’s waters?

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Sudans Post uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By visiting Sudans Post, you agree to our use of cookies. For more, visit our privacy and terms