• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Sunday, February 14, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

S. Sudan clerics demand end to COVID-19 lockdown

Most Rev. Justine Badi Arama, Primate of Episcopal Church of South Sudan described the banned of worshiping on Sundays was a harsh decision on churches.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
February 8, 2021
Reading Time: 4min read
Bishops of the Central Equatoria Province of the Episcopal Church [Photo via Facebook]
Bishops of the Central Equatoria Province of the Episcopal Church [Photo via Facebook]

JUBA – South Sudan Council of Churches, an ecumenical body comprising of seven-member churches has called on  the National Taskforce on COVID-19 to lift the ban on public worship on Sundays.

The demand  came amid one month partial lockdown imposed by the National Taskforce on COVID-19 last week, banning social gathering, and religious prayers, following a sharp rise in coronavirus cases in the country.

Most Rev. Justine Badi Arama, Primate of Episcopal Church of South Sudan described the banned of worshiping on Sundays was a harsh decision on churches.

“Banning of Sunday church services seems to be rather harsh for the church institutions, and we appeal that such restrictions are relaxed for the activities of the church to operate at half of normal capacity,” said Badi during a press conference at the office of South Sudan Council of Churches last week.

Arama reiterated the church’s willingness to stick to COVID-19 protocols once The veto is lifted on Sunday’s prayers.

“The churches will adhere to the standard operating procedures and protocols announced by the National Taskforce on COVID-19, that is a compulsory wearing of face masks, social distancing, no shaking of hands, sanitizing, and regular washing of hands,” he said.

He  urged the public to strictly observe the precautionary measures to curb the spread of the virus.

“As the surge of the pandemic is on rise, we strongly urge our people to strictly observe the standard operating procedures more than ever before to keep safe,” he said.

However, Catholic Archdioceses of Juba on Friday shut down all Sunday services in Juba and across the country.

Share this:

  • Tweet
  • Telegram
  • WhatsApp

Related Posts

South Sudan Information minister and government spokesman Michael Makuei Lueth [Photo via SSNA]

Makuei says gov’t has ‘problem’ with ‘destructive’ critics who don’t give solutions

February 13, 2021
South Sudan presidential envoy and head of government team at peace talks in Rome, Barnaba Marial Benjamin [Photo by unknown].

Ex-foreign min. Marial Benjamin says Rome talks postponed because some ‘important’ members of gov’t team have COVID-19

February 13, 2021

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Makuei says gov’t has ‘problem’ with ‘destructive’ critics who don’t give solutions
  • Ex-foreign min. Marial Benjamin says Rome talks postponed because some ‘important’ members of gov’t team have COVID-19

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Sudans Post uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By visiting Sudans Post, you agree to our use of cookies. For more, visit our privacy and terms