• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Wednesday, April 9, 2025
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

South Sudan army bans illegal movement with firearms, orders weapon registration

Maj. Gen. Lul Ruai Koang, spokesperson for the SSPDF, stated that the order issued by Chief of Defense Forces Gen. Pual Nang Majok prohibits unauthorized movement of security personnel carrying either individual or unit firearms.

by Sudans Post
April 7, 2025
Maj. Gen. Lul Ruai Koang, spokesperson for the SSPDF
Maj. Gen. Lul Ruai Koang, spokesperson for the SSPDF

JUBA —  The South Sudan People’s Defense Force (SSPDF) on Monday prohibited individuals from moving with firearms and mandated nationwide registration of weapons.

Maj. Gen. Lul Ruai Koang, spokesperson for the SSPDF, stated that the order issued by Chief of Defense Forces Gen. Pual Nang Majok prohibits unauthorized movement of security personnel carrying either individual or unit firearms.

“On movement, the SSPDF Chief of Defense Forces hereby bans unauthorized movement of security personnel with individual or unit firearms,” Koang said in a statement issued on Monday.

Koang stated that the order exempts individuals or units engaged in an official mission or duty, provided they possess a valid military departure order.

“Individuals or units in transit with firearms and without a departure order will have their weapons or equipment confiscated as well as face both administrative and punitive measures depending on the nature of the offense committed.”

Koang stated that the chief of defense forces has mandated the registration of firearms owned by civilians within areas controlled by the government or the SSPDF.

He said that traditional chiefs, along with Boma, Payam, and county authorities, are tasked with conducting or overseeing the process of firearm registration.

“While the registration exercise is in progress, armed civilians are only allowed to move with individuals or groups in areas under their jurisdictions.”

He stated that any failure to voluntarily surrender registered firearms would lead to forceful disarmament.

“Individual gun owners are given one month within which to register their guns, and after registration, gun owners are directed to voluntarily hand over their guns to concerned authorities at previously designated registration centers.”

He stated that the SSPDF Chief of Defense Forces has reiterated calls for SPLA-IO soldiers who have gone into hiding to report to the nearest government or SSPDF outposts or barracks to resume their normal duties.

 

 

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • Client Portal
  • Client Portal
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • SPLA-IO disowns newly appointed interim Chairperson Par Kuol
  • Ex-Kenyan VP accuses Ruto of gold deals with RSF leader

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.