• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

South Sudan may seek another route for oil flow – reports

South Sudan government is worried by recent closure of oil flow to the international market through the Red Sea region of Sudan with officials quoted by Sudan Tribune hinting at resumption of the 2013 plans to construct oil pipeline through Kenya's Lamu Port.

SUDANS POST EDITORS by SUDANS POST EDITORS
September 28, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read

Unverified look of Bentiu oil refinery [Photo by unknown]
Unverified look of Bentiu oil refinery [Photo by unknown]
JUBA – South Sudan government is worried by recent closure of oil flow to the international market through the Red Sea region of Sudan with officials quoted by Sudan Tribune hinting at resumption of the 2013 plans to construct oil pipeline through Kenya’s Lamu Port.

Last week, Sudanese authorities said anti-government protesters in Port Sudan closed the flow of South Sudanese oil.

Late Sunday, the authorities reached deal after meeting protesters disgruntled with a peace deal that Sudan’s transitional government struck with rebel groups in October 2020 paving way for resumption.

However, a senior South Sudan government official said the government is worried about the closure of the pipeline by the protesters and hinted at intention to construct a new pipeline through Kenya.

“Recent developments in Sudan have interrupted the flow of our oil and the leadership has advised that we resume talks with companies which carried out feasibility studies to explore ways we can avoid such incidents in future,” the unnamed official is quoted by Sudan Tribune as saying.

The source said a Japanese firm which completed feasibility studies on the Lamu route in 2013 has indicated interest in resuming talks with the authorities.

“We have three companies which have already indicated their readiness. There are Japanese and American companies which have expressed interest to jointly fund the project on a build, own, operate and transfer (BOOT) basis. They need approval of the president,” the source said.

“The minister of finance is working so that a team of experts is permitted to resume discussions on the way forward,” the source added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

South Sudan President Salva Kiir Mayardit speaking during an even at the state house at unknown date. [Photo by unknown]

South Sudan condemns ‘international campaign’ against Kiir’s government

Renk town [Photo via Radio Tamazuj]

Gov’t official says woman arrested in Renk for asking Kiir to resign

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Opinion | $73 million is missing from South Sudan’s coffers: corruption or conspiracy?
  • South Sudan condemns ‘international campaign’ against Kiir’s government

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.