• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Monday, October 3, 2022
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

South Sudan national security tries 5 service members for unlawfully detaining civilian

South Sudan’s National Security Service (NSS) has said that it has tried at least five of its members for unlawfully detaining an unnamed civilian, and vowed not to tolerate negative behaviors within the service’s rank and file.

2 days ago
Reading Time: 3 mins read

South Sudan National Security Service (NSS) General Headquarters in Jebel [Photo via Getty Images]
South Sudan National Security Service (NSS) General Headquarters in Jebel [Photo via Getty Images]
JUBA – South Sudan’s National Security Service (NSS) has said that it has tried at least five of its members for unlawfully detaining an unnamed civilian, and vowed not to tolerate negative behaviors within the service’s rank and file.

The trial of the NSS officers who include a colonel took place on September 29 in a special tribunal organized by the intelligence agency.

David John Kumuri, the spokesman of the NSS spokesman, said the unidentified NSS colonel had ordered for the arrest of a unnamed civilian and was sued in court along with his bodyguards who said they were instructed by him.

“Yesterday [Thursday], we had a colonel who ordered the arrest of a civilian without the notice of the Internal Security Bureau leadership. And what happened, he was sued in court with his subordinates,” he told Eye Radio in an interview.

“So, we have no compromise on that, one of yesterday [Thursday] and some members of the institution were five but the leader was colonel. The senior one has been taken to court. Of course, now the law will take its course,” he added.

The NSS mouthpiece further said any member of the National Security Service who arrest without the authorization of the leadership of the spy agency will be arrested and will be produced in the court of law to answer for their actions.

“We don’t take laws into our hands, the law is here to be implemented, and once our officers, our NCOs misbehave about the law, and arrest without authorization of the leadership, then the person or the member of that institution will be arrested, detained and investigated, and sued to court,” he added.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

New SUV vehicles donated by President Kiir to the judiciary of South Sudan. [Photo by office of the president]

Kiir told to disclose number, costs of luxury vehicles donated to judiciary

Chairperson of Relief and Rehabilitation Commission of Northern Bahr el Ghazal State Dut Majokdit speaks to the media in Aweil last week. [Photo by Sudans Post]

30 killed amid devastating floods in Northern Bahr el Ghazal

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Kiir told to disclose number, costs of luxury vehicles donated to judiciary
  • 30 killed amid devastating floods in Northern Bahr el Ghazal

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.