• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Friday, June 25, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

SPLA-IO military chief ‘undecided’ on presidential advisor position

"Kindly wait for his official position whether he will reject the position or accept it."

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
June 22, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read

SPLA-IO chief of staff Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual arriving in Juba in April 2016 ahead of the group's leader Dr. Riek Machar Teny [Photo by unknown]
SPLA-IO chief of staff Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual arriving in Juba in April 2016 ahead of the group’s leader Dr. Riek Machar Teny [Photo by unknown]
JUBA – A senior military aide of South Sudan’s main armed opposition military chief General Simon Gatwech Dual has said that the top opposition commander has yet to make a decision on yesterday’s appointment as presidential security advisor.

On Monday, President Kiir issued a presidential order appoint General Gatwech Dual who is the SPLA-IO military chief of staff as presidential advisor on peace. Kiir also appointed opposition leader Dr. Costello Garang Ring Lual as presidential advisor for presidency.

Earlier on Tuesday, a military official who allied to General Gatwech said the opposition commander has rejected the appointment and claimed that the opposition commander was consulted, but had rejected the offer by Machar.

The aide who requested not to be named told Sudans Post that General Gatwech had told Machar that any appointment to political or military position in the country is connected to the implementation of the security arrangements provided for in the revitalized peace deal.

However, in  a statement on Tuesday evening, Brigadier General Samuel Mut Gai Dhap, the Director in the office of the SPLA-IO chief of staff said the opposition commander is yet to decided and said all should wait for official communication from him.

“There is a widespread speculation in the convergence media about the appointment of SPLA in Opposition Chief of General Staff Simon Gatwech Dual Hoth; to the position of Peace Adviser by the President of the Republic of South Sudan,” he said in the statement extended to Sudans Post.

“Kindly wait for his official position whether he will reject the position or accept it,” he added, before saying that the opposition chief cannot be reached by Machar due to “poor network connection.”

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Former SPLM-IO governor of Sobat state and member of the group's National Liberation Council Duer Tut Duer [Photo by Sudans Post]

Machar ‘dismissed’ as SPLM-IO chairman, Duer Tut claims

June 25, 2021
South Sudan soldiers spotted entering South Sudan's capital Juba despite peace deal which provides that act [Photo via Al Jazeera English]

Gov’t posts over 40,000 peace forces for disarmament to restore rule of law

June 25, 2021

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Machar ‘dismissed’ as SPLM-IO chairman, Duer Tut claims
  • Gov’t posts over 40,000 peace forces for disarmament to restore rule of law

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Sudans Post uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By visiting Sudans Post, you agree to our use of cookies. For more, visit our privacy and terms