• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Thursday, August 28, 2025
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Top state minister suspended over alleged stealing of SSP 60 million

Ms. Achok has been accused of mismanagement of resources, insubordination, and failure to perform her duties, including refusal to attend a state cabinet meeting, according to a gubernatorial order extended by Sudans Post on Thursday. 

by Sudans Post
August 28, 2025
State minister of roads and bridges, Carolina Achok Akot (Photo by courtesy) 
State minister of roads and bridges, Carolina Achok Akot (Photo by courtesy)

AWEIL — Governor of South Sudan’s Northern Bahr el Ghazal state, Simon Ober Mawut, on Thursday suspended the state minister of roads and bridges, Carolina Achok Akot, for alleged misappropriation of 60 million South Sudanese pounds (SSP) generated from leasing government land.

Ms. Achok has been accused of mismanagement of resources, insubordination, and failure to perform her duties, including refusal to attend a state cabinet meeting, according to a gubernatorial order extended by Sudans Post on Thursday.

“Gross indiscipline and insubordination, including failure to attend official duties in her office and the council of ministers and deliberate refusal to participate in the recently concluded commissioners’ forum, where she was required to present her ministry’s report,” the order reads.

Mawut accused her of grabbing public assets for personal use including the sale of fuel allocated for rehabilitating the Aweil airport runway.

“Unauthorized seizure of assets for private use, specifically the forceful taking of UNOPS equipment and materials on 6th December 2024 that had been handed over to the state government following the completion of the Nyamlel Bridge project.

Gabriel Deng Yel, State Minister of Information and Communication, accused the suspended road minister of selling 20 drums of fuel donated by UNMISS for maintenance of the Aweil airport runway.

“These matters were raised with the minister on several occasions, and she was given ample opportunity to respond and make necessary adjustments. Unfortunately, despite repeated warnings and efforts to engage constructively, the issue persisted,” said Deng.

Deng accused her of what he called “persistent indiscipline” and “insubordination,” including refusal to adhere to official directives.

“Her assertion that she is being targeted on the basis of gender is deeply regrettable and does not reflect the governor’s commitment to inclusive leadership,” he said.

“Ministers are expected to report to the governor and maintain open communication regarding their plans, activities, and challenges. This is essential for coordination, transparency, and the effective implementation of government programs.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Click to share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • Client Portal
  • Client Portal
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • LoginPress
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Top state minister suspended over alleged stealing of SSP 60 million
  • General Buay’s group gets new secretary-general

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.