• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Friday, June 25, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Army general who sustained injuries during Bilpam shooting flown to Khartoum as new details emerge

The Inspector General of South Sudan People's Defense Forces (SSPDF) General Peter Dor Manjur Gatluak has been flown to the Sudanese capital Khartoum, as Sudans Post exclusively obtains new details about the Bilpam shooting.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
June 22, 2021
Reading Time: 5 mins read

SSPDF's Inspector General Lt. Gen. Do Manjur Gatluak [Photo via Juba News Today]
SSPDF’s Inspector General Lt. Gen. Do Manjur Gatluak [Photo via Juba News Today]
JUBA/KHARTOUM – The Inspector General of South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) General Peter Dor Manjur Gatluak has been flown to the Sudanese capital Khartoum, as Sudans Post exclusively obtains new details about the Bilpam shooting.

On June 8, General Peter Dor was involved in a shooting with his bodyguard at Bilpam. He was shot twice in the shoulder and his hand. His bodyguard sustained injuries in the stomach.

Speaking to Sudans Post this morning, a senior South Sudan diplomat at the country’s embassy in Khartoum said General Dor Manjur has been in the Sudanese capital Khartoum for more than one week and was undergoing treatment for his back and some parts of his body.

“He was brought to Khartoum last week. He has been here for more than a week even and he complain of pain in his back and this is why his back is being treated. He has pain in some parts of his body but he has seen some improvements,” the official who requested not to be named said from Khartoum.

A relative in Juba who requested not to be identified confirmed to Sudans Post that “he was travelled to Khartoum not for treatment, but because he want to go and see the rest of his family which is in Khartoum. He is fine and he did not go to Khartoum for treatment.”

New details

Sudans Post spoke to two senior officers of South Sudan People’s Defense Force at Bilpam who attended the shooting and was told that the army commander jumped to save his life from the AK47-weighing bodyguard from the second floor causing injuries in his back by which he fall.

This, one of the two officers said, is because the bodyguard closed the door when General Peter Dor had gone from his office to a bathroom and General Dor had no choice other than to jump over the glass.

“When the incident occurred, it was the morning hours when he (General Dor) just arrived with his bodyguard at the office. Then when they entered the office, General Dor when to the bathroom and while he was away, the bodyguard closed the door,” the officer said on condition of anonymity.

“After he closed the door, the bodyguard told the General that ‘we are going to deal with each other now’ and it is at that point that he opened fire on General Dor. When General Do pulled his pistol, he wounded him in the stomach but his bullets go finished and because of fears of being finished, be jumped through the glass from second floor,” he added.

The other officer confirmed the authenticity of the information provided in this account and said it was the jumping that caused problem in his back and also in his hands saying the wounds he sustained from the shooting were light.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Egyptian minister of irrigation Mohamed Abdel Aty speaking to the media following meeting with President Salva Kiir [Photo by npresidency]

Egypt, South Sudan to conduct trade far in Juba next month – minister

June 25, 2021
South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Mayardit (left) and Egyptian minister of water irrigation Mohamed Abdel Aty meeting in Juba on 25 June 2021. [Photo by presidency]

Kiir, visiting Egyptian minister of water irrigation discuss cooperation

June 25, 2021

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Egypt, South Sudan to conduct trade far in Juba next month – minister
  • Kiir, visiting Egyptian minister of water irrigation discuss cooperation

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Sudans Post uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By visiting Sudans Post, you agree to our use of cookies. For more, visit our privacy and terms