• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Thursday, June 8, 2023
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Kiir urges Olony not to return to the bush as leaders meet

resident Salva Kiir Mayardit on Wednesday met General Johnson Olony Thabo at the presidential palace J1, urging him to be serious about peace and not to return to the bush.

23 hours ago
Reading Time: 3 mins read

President Salva Kiir meeting delegation of Agwelek led by General Johnson Olony. [Photo by presidency]
President Salva Kiir meeting delegation of Agwelek led by General Johnson Olony. [Photo by presidency]
JUBA, JUNE 8, 2023 (SUDANS POST) – President Salva Kiir Mayardit on Wednesday met General Johnson Olony Thabo at the presidential palace J1, urging him to be serious about peace and not to return to the bush.

Olony returned to Juba for the first time since 2013 last month for implementation of a peace agreement he signed with the government of President Kiir in January last year that provided for integration of his forces into the South Sudan’s army.

Speaking during the meeting that was attended by prominent opposition commanders such as General Mabor Dhol , Kiir thanked Olony for heeding to the call for peace and for coming to Juba, saying the opposition commanders need to be serious and not to return to the bush.

“We are happy that you have accepted to come to Juba to join the peace process. We want peace and we are ready and committed to pulling the country into the trajectory of peace and stability,” the president said.

“If you have come for peace, please come with the hearts of peace. We don’t want to see anyone going back to the bush, because South Sudan is too big, and it has enough to cater for all of us,” Kiir said.

For his part, General Olony expressed his happiness for meeting Kiir, and said he and his group are for peace.

“We are happy to meet you today, and we want to truly tell you Mr. President that we have wholeheartedly come for peace, and we don’t want other people in the middle to spoil this peace,” Olony said.

According to a statement by the presidency, Kiir “directed the defense ministry officials and security institutions to expedite the incorporation of Agwelek Forces into the national army, as agreed in Khartoum.”

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

Mayor of Juba City Michael Lado Thomas Allah-Jabu speaking to journalists on Thursday, December 23, 2021. [Photo by Awan Achiek/Sudans Post]

Gov’t terminates garbage deal with Go Green company over failure

Vice-president James Wani Igga [Photo by Getty Images]

South Sudan vice-president cancels trip to Malakal over violence

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Gov’t terminates garbage deal with Go Green company over failure
  • South Sudan vice-president cancels trip to Malakal over violence

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2023 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.