• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Sunday, June 27, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

Security guard shot dead in South Sudan attack

A security guard in South Sudan's Eastern Equatoria state was shot and killed when he was attacked by an unknown number of gunmen while protecting a school compound over the weekend.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
June 25, 2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read

Map of Eastern Equatoria state in red [Photo via Wikipedia]
Map of Eastern Equatoria state in red [Photo via Wikipedia]
JUBA – A security guard in South Sudan’s Eastern Equatoria state was shot and killed when he was attacked by an unknown number of gunmen while protecting a school compound over the weekend.

Rama Hansraj, Save the Children Country Director in South Sudan said that the attack happened in the evening, children were not present at the school during the time.

Hansraj said that gunmen went on to steal property from the school including learning kits.

He said that the attack came after two Save the Children staff were killed earlier this year.

“We are mourning the loss of allies who was killed in the line of duty and condemn this senseless act of violence. Our sincere condolences are with his families, friends, and colleagues. Humanitarian workers and all the volunteers that make the work possible, put their lives on the line in the service of children and families in South Sudan, and this is no exception. Save the Children condemns the killing and calls for those responsible to be brought to justice.” He said.

Save the Children and its partners currently support 382 schools and learning spaces across South Sudan, providing education to 95,000 children.

“We were shocked to learn that this act of violence took place at a school. All children have the right to access a safe education and feel safe, and no child should fear physical harm at or on the way to school,” he said.

“We call on the government of South Sudan to take all necessary actions to bring the perpetrator to justice and to ensure schools are particularly safe. There needs to be a deterrent to those responsible for continuing attacks against civilians, including children, and to be held accountable under South Sudanese and applicable regional and international laws.” He added.

A total of 128 humanitarians, mostly South Sudanese, have lost their lives while providing humanitarian assistance to people since conflict broke out in 2013, according to OCHA.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

SPLA-IO military spokesman William Gatjiath Deng [Photo by Sudans Post]

General Gatjiath Deng being kept in Juba against own will – sources

June 27, 2021
Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni and his wife Janet Museveni arrive at Speke Resort Munyonyo to official the World Health Summit. [Photo by Sudans Post]

Museveni appears in public after health speculations

June 27, 2021

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • General Gatjiath Deng being kept in Juba against own will – sources
  • Museveni appears in public after health speculations

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Sudans Post uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By visiting Sudans Post, you agree to our use of cookies. For more, visit our privacy and terms