• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Wednesday, March 19, 2025
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

South Sudan, UNICEF launch Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey in Juba

Speaking during the launch on Friday, the National Minister of Finance and Planning, Dr. Marial Dongrin Ater, underscored the crucial role played by evidence-based data in informing policymakers and shaping economic and social policies.

by Sudans Post
March 14, 2025
National Minister of Finance and Planning, Dr. Marial Dongrin Ater
National Minister of Finance and Planning, Dr. Marial Dongrin Ater

JUBA —  South Sudan’s National Bureau of Statistics, in partnership with the U.N. Children’s Fund (UNICEF), on Friday launched the 7th round of the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey, marking a crucial step in the country’s commitment to advanced data collection and analysis.

Developed by UNICEF in the 1990s, the Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) is an international household survey program designed to provide high-quality data on key development indicators.

Speaking during the launch on Friday, the National Minister of Finance and Planning, Dr. Marial Dongrin Ater, underscored the crucial role played by evidence-based data in informing policymakers and shaping economic and social policies.

“These insights will provide a comprehensive picture of South Sudan’s progress in areas such as health, nutrition, education, water, sanitation, and child protection,” Donrgin said.

He reaffirmed the Ministry of Finance’s commitment to supporting the National Bureau of Statistics in generating robust and credible data for national development.

“At a time when data-driven decisions are crucial, this survey will strengthen our ability to design policies that truly address the needs of our people,” he stated. “Our government remains committed to a development agenda that prioritizes human capital, inclusive growth, and sustainable progress.”

Representing UNICEF, Obia Achieng highlighted the importance of MICS7 in providing reliable statistics on the well-being of women and children in South Sudan.

“MICS7 is not just a data collection tool; it is a catalyst for change. It enables evidence-based humanitarian needs assessments and situation analysis, helping us better understand and respond to critical issues.”

Achieng said that through MICS7, they can identify multidimensional poverty to inform policies and implement targeted interventions.

It also allows for gender- and disability-sensitive program designs, ensuring no one is left behind, he said.

The Director General of the National Bureau of Statistics, Augustino Ting Mayai, stated that data collection will take 2.5 months, followed by two to three months of analysis.

Mayai said that the final results are expected by June or July.

He noted that approximately $4.2 million has been allocated for the survey, with financial support from partners.

“It is an honor for us, as the lead government agency, to launch South Sudan’s Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS7),” he said. “We began this process last year, and we are now in the data collection phase. This marks a major step in ensuring informed decision-making for national development.”

He added that the survey would not only update the national database but also strengthen South Sudan’s statistical system, ensuring that policymakers have the necessary tools to address key social and economic challenges.

“Academic institutions, policy research organizations, and civil society are expected to use the survey findings over the next five years to drive data-based decision-making.”

 

 

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • Client Portal
  • Client Portal
  • CONTACT US
  • Donation Confirmation
  • Donation Failed
  • Donor Dashboard
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Chemical firestorm in Nasir as gov’t uses ethyl acetate in deadly attack
  • Western powers offer mediation as UN warns South Sudan faces war risk

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.