• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

SPLA-IO’s defiant commanders turned away from Khartoum

South Sudan opposition commanders General Johnson Olony Thabo and General Mabor Dhol who are both in the Sudanese capital Khartoum upon orders of defiant SPLA-IO General Chief of Staff General Simon Gatwech Dual have been denied a meeting with General Abdel Farrah al-Burhan, the head of Sudan’s Transitional Sovereign Council of Sudan, according to a senior opposition official in Khartoum.

STAFF WRITER by STAFF WRITER
July 17, 2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read
SPLA-IO chief of staff General Simon Gatwech Dual and Sector one commander General Johnson Olony [File photo]
SPLA-IO chief of staff General Simon Gatwech Dual and Sector one commander General Johnson Olony [File photo]

JUBA – South Sudan opposition commanders General Johnson Olony Thabo and General Mabor Dhol who are both in the Sudanese capital Khartoum upon orders of defiant SPLA-IO General Chief of Staff General Simon Gatwech Dual have been denied a meeting with General Abdel Farrah al-Burhan, the head of Sudan’s Transitional Sovereign Council of Sudan, according to a senior opposition official in Khartoum.

The two men travelled to Khartoum last week supposedly to meet General Burhan on the current situation in South Sudan. Sudan is a main guarantor of the revitalized peace agreement and the chair of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) which mediated the revitalized peace agreement.

Yesterday, a senior opposition official who was in Magenis, the current seat of the SPLA-IO said General Gatwech was planning a declaration in which he will appoint himself as the leader of the SPLM/SPLA (IO) led by First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar.

This is a month after Machar appointed him as a presidential advisor for peace and relieving him as the SPLA-IO chief of General Staff. General Gatwech has refused to take up the position of advisor saying there is no any such position in the agreement. He has also since refused to step down as the chief of staff.

Speaking to Sudans Post this afternoon, a senior opposition official said on condition of anonymity that General Olony and General Mabor were told that Burhan had no time and they were then directed to meet deputy chair of the Sudanese Sovereign and commander of the Rapid Support Force (RSF) General Mohamed Hamdan Daglo who was in Juba early this week.

“They have been denied entry into Burhan and now, they have been told to return back to General Hemeti because he is t he one handling the file for the peace agreement in South Sudan,” the official said from Khartoum.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)

Related Posts

SPLA-IO military spokesman William Gatjiath Deng [Photo by Sudans Post]

Ex-opposition spokesman William Gatjiath being detained at Magenis – unconfirmed reports

July 20, 2021
Ex-SPLM-IO commissioner of Unity state's Koch County and current head of Unity state HIV Commission Nhial Kam Both. [Photo via Facebook]

Ex-SPLM-IO commissioner of Koch County arrested by national security in Juba  

July 20, 2021

Comments 1

  1. Gol Bol says:
    3 days ago

    “SPLA-IO’s defiant commanders turned away from Khartoum”

    There you go! It were to be true, then let them and signed another Khartoum peace agreement (KPA X3). Mr. Riek Machar and Lam Akol signed a fake Khartoum peace agreement (KPA x 1) in 1997. And in 2018, Mr. Riek Machar and arch rival, Mr. Salva Kiir signed yet another Khartoum peace agreement (KPA x2).

    The kind politicians we do have here in South Sudan don’t exist else where on this planet. As our mighty SPLM/A used to say during our genuine war of independence, “te mïït te wäl tök në ɣötic, e ka ciɛ ɣöt bi ca kuëër” which roughly translates in English that ‘if you remove a piece of elephant grass stalk from a grass thatched roof, the whole roof won’t leak or miss that one elephant grass stalk/stem’.

    Habitual traitors, foreign puppets/stooges and criminals of Mr. Riek Machar, Lam Akol and others should have been removed from the South Sudanese’s thatched roof. And South Sudan’s ‘thatched roof wouldn’t have have missed them or leak’. In fact, Mr. Riek Machar had ‘killed many valuable South Sudanese people, and he is are not slowing down’.

    That is nature of the secret societies’ beasts, they dabble on other people’s blood. As one of the European, 20th century dictator, Mr. Joseph Stalin of Russia once puts it, “a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic”

    It not Mr. Joseph Stalin alone who that phrase in mind, Carrier military men since our Ancient Egyptian times have been using that same tactics. And many carrier military commanders or generals in the US, just copycat the same aged old military maneuvers , but their different with the real military guys on the grounds. Their military commanders or generals don’t go move on the ground to smell the stench of gunpowder themselves. They issue commands on ‘situation rooms’ and then let their ‘robots and joy sticks’ do the rest’. Good luck.

    During our mighty SPLM/A times though, everyone, commander or bullshit has to fight and smell the stench of gunpowder like everyone else. Ask Mr. Kuol Manyang, Paul Malongdit, Mr. Jok Riak, Pieng Deng Majok, George Athor Deng, Mr. William Nyuon Beny, Korubino Kuanyin Bol, Daniel Awet Akot and list goes on and on.

    Everyone takes his own machine gun and blitz our enemies. Even Mr. Omar Hassan El Bashir, who was almost captured in the battle of ‘Maluth (Melut)’ by Göl (SPLA) battalion which was predominantly of ‘Panaru, Ruweng, Padang, Jɔngjɔ̈l and Abiliang’ Muonyjieng/Jaang/Jenge/Dinka community boys..

    Mr. Omar El Bashir allegedly bragged that he is ‘a Muonyjieng/Jaang/Jenge/Dinka’ from ‘Aliab Muonyjieng/Jaang/Jenge/Dinka’ on western bank of the Nile.

    But our Nuers ke nyantoc of old people would always try to ‘move ahead of Muonyjieng/Jaang/Jenge/Dinka’. They just want to be called part of Upper Nile and that they are anything in Upper Nile. They were given their own ‘states to manage, they don’t want them, they want to live with *the Muonyjiengs/Jaangs/Jenges/Dinkas and Jonglei states, and they want ten (10) states, and they want to be called people of Upper Nile people, Ethiopians, Kenyans, Egyptians, Junti El Iraq (private army of Iraq), Ugandans army, SPLM/A-IO army et al

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • MANAGEMENT
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Ex-opposition spokesman William Gatjiath being detained at Magenis – unconfirmed reports
  • Ex-SPLM-IO commissioner of Koch County arrested by national security in Juba  

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

 

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • MANAGEMENT

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
    • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • EDUCATION
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSIS
  • CONTACT US
  • ABOUT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2021 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Sudans Post uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. By visiting Sudans Post, you agree to our use of cookies. For more, visit our privacy and terms