• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Saturday, January 24, 2026
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

SPLM-IO mourns military intelligence officer Brig. Gen. John Taker Kai

In a condolence message dated January 22, 2026, the Acting Chairman and Commander-in-Chief of the SPLA-IO, Oyet Nathaniel Pierino, said the movement received news of Gen. Taker’s passing with profound sorrow, describing him as a distinguished officer who served the opposition movement in key security and diplomatic roles.

by Sudans Post
January 22, 2026

Kiir ousts Oyet, several MPs in sweeping purge of Machar’s allies
Oyet Nathaniel Pierino, former First Deputy Speaker of the Transitional National Legislative Assembly. [Photo: Courtesy]
JUBA – The Sudan People’s Liberation Movement/Army in Opposition (SPLM/A-IO) has announced the death of Brigadier General John Taker Kai Gaw, a senior military intelligence officer, who passed away on Wednesday, January 21, 2026, after a short illness.

In a condolence message dated January 22, 2026, the Acting Chairman and Commander-in-Chief of the SPLA-IO, Oyet Nathaniel Pierino, said the movement received news of Gen. Taker’s passing with profound sorrow, describing him as a distinguished officer who served the opposition movement in key security and diplomatic roles.

According to the statement, Brig. Gen. John Taker Kai previously served as a Military Intelligence attaché at the SPLM/A-IO Mission to Sudan between 2014 and 2016. Following the signing of the Revitalized Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflict in South Sudan (R-ARCSS) in 2018, he was assigned to the Joint Transitional Security Committee (JTSC), a body tasked with overseeing security arrangements under the peace agreement. He held this position until his death.

The SPLA-IO leadership said Gen. Taker’s death represents a significant loss to Leer County in Unity State, his home area, and to the wider struggle of the movement. He was described as a dedicated freedom fighter who contributed to the liberation struggle and the ongoing peace process in South Sudan.

In the condolence message, Oyet extended sympathies on behalf of the SPLM/A-IO leadership to Gen. Taker’s family, friends, and the community of Leer County, acknowledging the loss of a son who served both his community and the movement.

Brig. Gen. Taker’s death comes at a time of heightened political and security tensions in South Sudan, where implementation of the 2018 peace agreement continues to face delays and disputes, particularly over security sector reforms and unification of forces. His role in the Joint Transitional Security Committee placed him at the centre of these sensitive processes.

No official details were provided on funeral arrangements or burial plans at the time of publication.

Share this:

  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Click to share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • Client Portal
  • Client Portal
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • LoginPress
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • Olony orders troops to ‘spare no lives’ in Jonglei offensive
  • Juba power outages to end ‘soon’, says energy minister after Ezra Group inspection

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Skip to toolbar
  • About WordPress
    • About WordPress
    • Get Involved
    • WordPress.org
    • Documentation
    • Learn WordPress
    • Support
    • Feedback
  • Log In