APC working with security agencies to clamp down on those planning to protest Tinubu’s victory: Festus Keyamo
Festus Keyamo, spokesperson for President-elect Bola Tinubu, says the All Progressives Congress (APC) was working with the security agencies to clampdown on Nigerians planning to protest against
Mr Keyamo, in a statement on “planned protest by opposition parties” on Saturday, said “We know these persons and their sponsors from within and outside Nigeria and we shall be working closely with the security agencies to apprehend them and bring them to book.”
A human rights lawyer turned politician, Mr Keyamo accused opposition parties of trying to truncate Nigeria’s democracy.
“We have watched with great concern the condemnable activities of some persons and groups who are desirous of truncating our democracy…these misguided individuals have called for either the cancellation of the results or that the President-elect should not be inaugurated on the 29th of May, 2023,” Mr Keyamo said.
Earlier on Thursday, Mr Keyamo filed a petition to the State Security Service, accusing the Labour Party’s presidential and vice presidential candidates, Peter Obi and Datti Baba-Ahmed, of plans to truncate Nigeria’s democracy.
Protest for cancellation of the February 25 presidential election rocked the International Conference Centre in Abuja as opposition parties questioned Independent National Electoral Commission’s failure to upload election results on its server in real-man.
Disregarding the protest, INEC chairman Mahmood Yakubu went ahead to announce Mr Tinubu winner of the controversial presidential election.
In post-election interviews, both Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party and Mr Obi of the Labour Party, have challenged Mr Tinubu’s victory.
On Tuesday, Mr Obi filed a petition before the presidential election tribunal, challenging Mr Tinubu’s victory in the February 25 presidential election.
In the petition, Mr Obi said Mr Tinubu was unqualified to be Nigeria’s president due to his past involvement in drug trafficking case in which he forfeited the sum of $460,000 to the United States government.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”
EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu pays court-awarded N5 million damages to Lagos Uber driver
Mr Adedotun Clement was assaulted on October 20, 2021, by officials of the Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Agency and police officers at the Lekki Tollgate.
Abacha’s ex-Chief of General Staff, Oladipo Diya, dies at 79
“Our dear Daddy passed onto glory in the early hours of 26th March 2023,” reads a family statement announcing his demise.
Morocco beat Brazil 2-1 in international friendly
Saturday’s win against five-time World Cup winner Brazil was another statement that Moroccans World Cup performance last year was not a fluke.
Ohanaeze vows to ‘deal with political rascals,’ says Yorubas not at war with Igbos in Lagos
The statement comes a week after the Lagos governorship election, which was marred by voters intimidation, violence and ethic slurs.
2023 census technology cannot be manipulated, FG assures Nigerians
Nigerians have been asked to ensure that they’re counted during the conduct of the 2023 National Population and Housing Census.
Traditional, religious leaders crucial to success of 2023 census: Garba Abari
He said the success of the 2023 census will largely depend on the role and participation of traditional institutions and religious leaders.